Use Camden or Sodium Metabilsulfite ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaDzWinery

Reaction score
I have on hand; Camden Tablets and Sodium Meta. Which should i use.. I know Potassium Meta is better than sodium but i grabbed the wrong one, and supply store is about an hour away. And if the tablest, Is it going to be one tablet per gallon ? I am on my first wine a welch's juice ( not cans ) Thanks ahead of time. Also which ever one yaw suggest, can i add this at the same time as my Sorbate, and Degas ? thanks

Use the tabs. Use the sodium for sanitizing equipment.

Use the tabs. Use the sodium for sanitizing equipment.
Should i use the same as i did in the beginning.. 1 crushed tab per gallon ? also can i add the sorbate after add the tabs and degassing, all in the same day ? thanks for the fast reply.

Campden Tablets

Campden Tablets can be either Sodium or Potassium Metabisulphite make sure you read the back of the bottle. I picked up a bottle and didn't check until I got home, small print on back said Sodium Metabisulphite.

Campden Tablets can be either Sodium or Potassium Metabisulphite make sure you read the back of the bottle. I picked up a bottle and didn't check until I got home, small print on back said Sodium Metabisulphite.
They say Sodium on the back ... Did i mess up by putting one per gallon? or is 1 per gallon the same either being sodium or potassium Camden Tablets ?

Campden Tablets

Both are made to be used 1 per gallon. The sodium ones add sodium (salt) to your wine other than that it's not going to make a difference. Don't worry it's not going to hurt your wine at all.

Both are made to be used 1 per gallon. The sodium ones add sodium (salt) to your wine other than that it's not going to make a difference. Don't worry it's not going to hurt your wine at all.
Thanks Alot ...

Back