Trying to get peachy...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I went with the Welch's White Grape Peach juice saturday. Made up a six gallon batch, added the pectic enzyme, kmeta, nutrient, energizer, and added enough sugar to get me up to 1.112-1.113(or est. 15% ABV finished). My yeast (lavlin EC-1118) took off as expected and was bubbling nicely with a decent foam on top this morning when I checked it. Pitched the yeast on
12-17. Gave it a gentle stir twice daily so far, now im just waiting.

I havent taken another SG reading yet, I will this evening but im sure it isnt ready yet given my starting SG and its current rate of ferment. Ill be sure and keep you posted, and ill also be starting my next batch as soon as my primary is freed up. Should be next weekend, gonna get my blueberry/pomegranet off the ground im really excited to see how that one turns out as I havent ever tasted it. Peach, on the other hand happens to be one of my favorites. Especially if your talking brandy, but thats getting into a whole other wine discussion. Lol

Hope everyone elses week is starting off as well as mine, and I hope somebody is just pulling one out to drink instead of seeing it start and feeling that anticipation that keeps us all going.

Yep...the white grape peach will deliver. Did lots of it in the beginning stages and people loved it. Use the 100 percent froz concentrate though

Hi..I also made some of my best Peach wine from frozen concentrates..Aldi's use to handle the Peach/White Grape up to a year ago..Have not been able to find any since..have used fresh peaches and canned peaches..but everyone misses my Peach/White Grape.

peaches

You can buy 96 oz can of peach juice and pulp from wine Midwest wine supplies online for about $28. It has a 3 or 5 gallon recipe. I haven't tried it yet,but will soon. Check local wine supplies store if you have one

Latest posts

Back