Topping up with commercial wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBB

Reaction score
Have a couple of batches of blueberry. I didn't use a straining bag during ferment(I'll never do that again!) hence I've had lots and lots of sediment so I've needed to top up several times at racking.

I've used a commercial Merlot every time. My question is thus. How much Merlot would you have to add b4 you call your Blueberry a Blueberry Merlot??:dg

Really Merlot? How does it taste? Thats very interesting.
Dan, My 2012 blueberry which was really just an accidental wine, reminds me a lot of a merlot. It is completely dry and if I had added some French oak and maybe some additional tannins it would be indistinguishable from a nice merlot. I am hoping to duplicate that this year.

PJD, That's interesting. When we were in N. Ga. We did a wine tasting for some neighbors. Two home made Cabs & a Blueberry, everyone thought the Blueberry was a light Cab!! VERY NON scientific tasting, all very interesting. I have 2 gallons of blueberry going now, & 5 gals from concentrate, our fist blue berry from concentrate. Miss my bushes, Roy

Back