Other Top up with flavor??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saylor

Reaction score
Hi I have a reserve du chateau Italian Nero cab one day away from being degassed . I only made the kit to just over 5 gallon instead of six so I will need something to top up. I was told to use a similar wine but I was looking to add a new dimension to the flavor. I was thinking of using a blackberry merlot . Would this be ok to do?

Thank you for all the suggestions ! I'll be trying this! Lol?! Nobody?? Really!!?

Sorry nobody posted on this. I have not had either the kit nor the blackberry merlot. Is the Merlot sweet? I'm thinking that to be true to the wine style, sweetness might not be too good. If you are simply using the kit as a base to experiment, then good on ya. Try it and let us know how it turns out. Those Amazon kits are great bases for experimentation.

Well thank you for the response. I may stay away from the sweet . I actually found a cab that is not real sweet but also has a lot of fruit flavor . I think that may be better than the merlot. Thank you again!

Latest posts

Back