Mosti Mondiale to add grape pack or not to add

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Simmons

Reaction score
I have an All Juice Cab Sauv. in primary for a few days now - still cranking along, smelling awesome. But I just emptied my boxes out from George and found a Grape Pack in the bottom that I ordered (never remembered that I ordered it).

A - can I put it in now - while it is still bubbling? or

B - wait till I make my Renaissance Zinfandel next batch?

your input is greatly appreciated. Brad

Add it ASAP then keep it in the primary an extra day or two with the lid snapped and the airlock in place.

This will make a big difference in the wine from ABV to mouthfeel.

Hurry, don't delay!

What skins pack is this? I personally would follow IBGlowins recommendation.

OK, I just looked at the online invoice to see which grape pack I have - this kit came with this grape pack, but I didn't see it - it wasn't in the box/kit, it was loose at the bottom of the shipping box.
smiley19.gif

I just looked it up and there is another post with the same complaint - its really not cool to find out --- days later.
smiley21.gif

So is it my fault for not emptying all my boxes immediately and knowing this ahead of time? Sure.
smiley18.gif

But when I order, sometimes - like this order, I get 5 big boxes and only open them as I make wine. the peanuts are a PITA, so I try to limit getting them all over.

So is it the All Juice kit's fault for not alerting me 'This is 1 of 2 packages needed for this kit'. maybe a little.

So, am I a doofus? or does something need to be tweaked to make this more clear? Or maybe I shouldn't order all this stuff at one time. Or maybe George could use the corn peanuts, so I don't dread sticking me hands in there to feel around.
smiley17.gif

Nobody here is going to call you a doofus for this!!
Just a littlecourse correction on this one for you.

These are an add on Im pretty sure. Ill talk to George about maybe making a note or taping this package to the top of the kit or bucket.

thank you for all the encouragement and info guys - it means a lot to a guy to be pulling his hair out and having access to all your experience.

Wade, that would be great - tape the sucker - then no one will miss that bad boy.
smiley31.gif

I am excited to see how this turns out. All Juice, Old Vines, Grape Pack, Oak Chips, Cab. oh yeah.
smiley20.gif

I let my wine ferment all the way dry in primary and just snap the lid shut with airlock around 1.020 and just shake it up a bit to get the skins tops wet and to get any viable yeast that might have gotten buried exposed again. I have been doing this for quite some time now and have never had a problem this way, it always ferments dry unlike when I was racking it early according to some instructions and I get to leave behind more of the heavier solids this way. It also drastically helps the wine naturally degas itself.

Wade said:
I let my wine ferment all the way dry in primary and just snap the lid shut with airlock around 1.020 and just shake it up a bit to get the skins tops wet and to get any viable yeast that might have gotten buried exposed again. I have been doing this for quite some time now and have never had a problem this way, it always ferments dry unlike when I was racking it early according to some instructions and I get to leave behind more of the heavier solids this way. It also drastically helps the wine naturally degas itself.

+1
I think it makes all the difference.

Those aren't peanuts you're seeing. It's the free popcorn George includes with every order. Not too tasty, but plentiful.

Flem, I personally would pay extra for the shipping if he would go with the corn based ones. I know they are a bit more expensive, but the styro and the static electricity is amazing - they are everywhere.

Latest posts

Back