This is me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine. Throughout college, I battled between music and medicine for a career. I chose medicine, but my heart really is in music. Although piano is my main instrument, I am fascinated with the organ - having played one or the other for church for many years. The first photo is of me and the pastor discussing a few technicalities prior to a wedding - my avatar is of me at the console of this organ after the ceremony; the second is of me sitting at the console of the huge and famous pipe organ at the Wanaker store in Philadelphia, PA. No, I did not get to play that organ.

My other hobby is a pipe organ consisting of about 800 pipes that is currently stacked up in my basement awaiting reassembly.

Looking forward to learning about making wine. BTW, seeing the pics of the Northern Pike brings back memories of trolling for northerns while visiting grandparents in Minnesota.

Keith
My Mom had the opportunity to play the Wanamakers organ, she used to work there...years and years ago...I'm guessing it has to be 70 years since she worked there.

Nice, Tom! We have a festival each year in a town nearby (about a half-hour drive from my house). The Circleville Pumpkin Show. It is the local annual source of all things pumpkin. We attend every year. The folks in Circleville love their pumpkins soooo much, they painted their water tower...

09a070bd-e7cf-41a9-8dce-f8bc1420a2c8.JPG

Wow, what a small world. I am from Circleville, home of the Pumpkin Show. Can't believe you busted out the water tower picture. I should use that as my avatar!! Circleville is also home to many competitive large-pumpkin growers and the winners generally range from 1000 to 1500 pounds. There's also an abundance of pumpkin foods like pumpkin ice cream (delicious), pumpkin doughnuts (superb), and pumpkin pizza (totally disgusting). Seems like I should figure out a pumpkin port recipe this fall, in honor of my homeland....

I go back for holidays a couple times a year. And since Circleville has a limited supply of stuff to do, the family and I usually end up making the drive to Chillicothe to see movies or go shopping; also my Dad worked for Kenworth so commuted back and forth for many years.

Heather

Maybe I should be more carefully with my words.
Time to update my photo, not the wife ☺️
I'm sure I'll be in the corner for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making Talk App

Last edited:
I'm thinking Duster :ft

And nice pic of you and your wife, who you are not updating!

Maybe with all of the new members kicking around we should bring this thread back?
Here's the most recent family pic at the yearly awkward photo shoot. I'm sure I've posted it on another thread before:

10005939_10152856851130056_1095953847877281631_o.jpg

Maybe with all of the new members kicking around we should bring this thread back?
Here's the most recent family pic at the yearly awkward photo shoot. I'm sure I've posted it on another thread before:

I did not know children were allowed to be that adorable!

This is me in Arlington Texas at a Sunday Night Football game of the Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins. This I believe had to be 2, maybe 3 years ago.

5d212dmka-bpNeoH2YkrzP88_I0euE6Gch9uAPdGslOm6e1V4M3g-ZkJYJ4HDlurrwLaWhircSo-xVyFPcWqbYp2FLBRHPaqx23lZ_Mpan2nNwiNObRzeZclqxiWuKT-Nzxf0f-HJ7TMDIRUoshdo-OjXAJ1hFc3K5hRiXbXCrzJNtaJTqfjigL1jxfeu8qLCrXtFOh_EzXj1WFlZQ4FZOAOyABIy0IxYRUWFg_wBZVumaofMp2Z0kCSpp5_e3HRVlcw_xdDZlC9u7O3zGXwJ5Ut71Tv9ohmqQl4D6GGYdl5DKaS2mCJ_nDefMeqvdva4Ch9c0u7rHvwzoFu9DNFy78ApUMceInkMv4tU2N8YdHNI5UrDW4rlr8FsvJcWXaCW2FSTkCxLsCNGCfRPHU1DRqq0y39qvkRVvk3zfUktaEiAmYk9wYNYQTixDgKqkQJWYwpw_om7AZab4fcou85N5qKGtn6PojdcpClSKHW-HwCHxpCEWS-cbC18RWFHqCBJw-vhwzjNYSUEgdAs8ZonlCOxt7HMHmsjPVCuwBk1gNFHU0oha0zDbRdDMc9jaryAIJU=w1741-h979-no

This is my puppy (Gracie, named after George Burn's wife. "Say goodnight Gracie") and I a little over a year ago. Sorry, don't take many pictures. (terrible quality)

GcMt-sDNiv0fgSTq53nBR0Qnet7GqpXGmffSzcP_Bd3K1nRe9UXgdWPosz6BmWhfNt56HiDPQgEVuaMwqqNo3CsthhUJaxYaJQ9FXfwdhl0KrpIppnRnC_v-NCWs-t55iCHgAzRjLnbUsoCN4o_L9QnTB9_gSKJBC1ejoVxSlok0w8x29GHdl01mSPrYMNamJQwmJi2ykENU-rL76nt-aPPKmT72BnMOw3hsdsVjIs3srfH5bReXsw05YT6LMZ0R6ndqNBOzHnBUR4aUb9mN2TRXQJHg8T-zlhZwXUhd9I7Qr0ty5__lW5GH5goyAaqr2S6bMqYrdG7epPzsYHtajqaaiGRwggXzkIM8Gitx2TdJNXxacAsYTzocmGesj2BhU1Fp-6QbBLJiw-G6X8OPc_r5zLKmNlDegLx8WQN4PDJi8_zjbkwTaE8ng68L_hJtQBlyQVsVQjhddX09o-GgGuY7muJRWrMCDnp9h625utHbV6DagImUE8g75p4hsJ_WLNVYmkmjY3tAUroyXiwKSiOhc9CuRNyhsRz1AfV59XzUCmoSaV-ucd21mH1t4Eryk4pT=w1518-h903-no

Well here's me, and my other hobby :h

I think my wife would smack the taste out of my mouth if I called her my hobby.

Oooooh, you meant the motorcycles... My bad. :db

Here's me and the Mann Clan

ImageUploadedByWine Making1461838664.971043.jpg

With one daughter in Washington State, and all the kids getting older, it's tough getting a family pic done. This is the first one in 8 years.

Latest posts

Back