The Ladies of Minnesota

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
I was enjoying a day off work, doing a little wine maintenance, when it hit me....
20090917_105612_100_1552_Small.jpg

It all started as I was racking an apple to add yeast and sugar, getting ready to bottle and start the process of sparkling...
20090917_105859_100_1553_Small.jpg

I actually have two batches for this, the left , an apple I started some time ago, and on the right a crabapple a friend asked if I could make for him. Happy to oblige...
20090917_110244_100_1554_Small.jpg

I got 23 bottles, good thing as I just happen to have 23 new wire ties. At this point I thought back to who first held my hand the first time through this. Northern Wino, sure do miss her. Ive tried the forced carbonation , and compared to this "old way" I just don't think it can compare to the finished product as far as taste and complexity. Ill let these condition until spring or longer. Then..
20090917_110745_100_1555_Small.jpg

I racked a Dinner Choke Cherry, recipe found here from non other than Polish Wine Princess. Looks and smells pretty dang good.
Afterwords I was looking in the freezer, thinking about steaming some Garden Hucks..put it off since almost time for wife to get home, but it made me think of Pelican and her Pea Pod wine! Wow, what a wealth of wine making we have here in the land of lakes! Hats of to you MN Ladies!

Nowhere's an example of someone...
"THINKING OUT OF THE BOX" !

Let us know how it turns out.

Thank you JW. I'm sure NorthernWino is reading the boards from her "new home" too!
smiley27.gif

Latest posts

Back