The great white wine competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i received another entry today, but it does not say which member it belongs to. it is marked as "two sips"

SORRY John

I forgot to attach the other label. It is a Chilean Chardonnay, made from juice acquired at Gentile Juice. Added golden raisins, a bit of sugar to get the SG up, and home toasted oak.

I had sent a PM to correct that

I keep my white wine unit @ 46F By the time I pour I figure it around 52F. An even drinking (playing) field is all one can ask for.

Kevin

Last edited:
OK,

So the question.. To chill or not to chill...

I would like to work it where we either chill all of the wines, or chill none of them.

I will leave it to you folks to decide..

I want to put in my 2 cents. To me any wine or beer for that matter chilled much below 60* you lose the taste of fine flavors. But heck it could because all the time I spent in Southern Europe:h

John, Joe & your judges how do you want to taste the wines? Present them how you would want your wines to be presented. This is your event and it wasn't stated it the guidelines so you decide. I for one can't thank you enough for this opportunity to get feedback for just shipping cost. Thank you (repeat several times)!

John, Joe & your judges how do you want to taste the wines? Present them how you would want your wines to be presented. This is your event and it wasn't stated it the guidelines so you decide. I for one can't thank you enough for this opportunity to get feedback for just shipping cost. Thank you (repeat several times)!

I agree ^^^^

Thank you once again for going out of your way to put this event on !

Agreed. However you drink your wine is the way they should be judged. The challenge will be to make sure they're all @ that same temp.

Makes perfect sense. If the judges drink their white wines at 75 degrees, then that's probably how they should test them. Drinking them at a significantly different temp might change the way they perceive flavors and aromas.

Update...

Folks,

Stats..

26 members have been sent shipping info.
14 members have sent entries
we have over 30 individual entries so far!

There is still time for anyone else that wants to enter. Just respond to this thread and I will PM you the shipping info..

Here is the current list of contestants. We have received entries from the members listed in Bold.

@TONYR
AMANDA660
BARBIEK
BOATBOY24
BREWBUSH
CEEATON
CGALLAMO
CMSBEN61
CODEMAN
DKING193
FABIOLA
GEEK
HEATHERD
IBGLOWIN
JGMANN67
JOHNY99
KEVINLFIFER (TWO SIPS)
KRAFFTY
MISMOST
NEVIAWEN
ROCKY
RODNBORO
SAGE
SUZYWINEMAKER
TOM - (TO BE PICKED UP BY JOE)
VACUUMPUMPMAN

Last edited:
Times they a be short start shipping

For us procrastinators, what is the drop dead arrival date? I got paid yesterday so I have no excuse not to package them up and send them out tomorrow. I'll P.M. JohnT with the tracking number when I send it, next week...zzzzzzz....zzzzz...

Edit: I have an excuse, forgot UPS Ground doesn't deliver on Saturdays until we get closer to the holidays. Will ship Monday.

Last edited:
Back