tannin and plum wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabrictodyefor

Reaction score
I got a call from a friend today that wanted to give me plums! So, living at least 150 miles from the nearest wine supply store....I looked over some recipes and am wondering about the tannin. I do not have any. Could order it tomorrow and it would probably get here the middle of next week. The question is, should I just put the plums in the fridge until I get the tannin, or could I start the wine right away and add the tannin when I get it? Thanks for the help

Think you can add the tannin later if you like. It is still going to be pretty early in the fermentation if you order it and add when it arrives. Arne.

Ok Arne... Question for you on this! I fermented pink plums in August.... Added the petic enzyme and yeast... And that's it! It's been sitting in the secondary for a month and a half. Should I be adding a tannin? It's a beautiful colour, it's clear just racked it last weekend, it has a bitter tang to it... Could you tell me my next step with this? What I should be adding to finish it off? Thanks again:)

Thanks, Arne. Got it going today and should get the tannin by Tuesday. The plums sure tasted good, I look forward to the wine! btw.....I love this web site, I have gone through so many past threads and have learned so much....enough to know I have only scratched the surface...I think I too have "drunk the koolaid"!!! :b

Latest posts

Back