Storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Northern Winos said:
Waldo said:
Where the heck is the wine?
smiley36.gif

That was the day we finally finished making the racks....actually it didn't take too long, we had an assembly line going....but the sanding took awhile...I didn't think it was necessary to get that fussy.
Here's the wine.
2005-12-08_070920_Wine_Area_1.jpg

Boy, that Sam's club rack really holds a lot of bottles.

Thats a lot of weight, you mightwant to tie them into the wall, somehow.

Archer

Well Archer, good comment. You got me curious soI went downstairs for a look-see. I couldn't find any place that we attached them to the wall, but I gave them a good yank. I promise you, they aren't going anywhere. With the weight on the back they are very stable. So, no worries!
smiley32.gif

PWP,

I'm impressed. I didn't mean to put your rack down, it just looked a little top heavy. The good part is its metal and apparently very strong. Its also moveable (That would be a bit of work to relocate all those bottles), but it could be done. You probably won't find any greater capacity for a given floorspace. I will check them out.

I have room for them upstairs, but have always been concernedthat the heat of summer wouldn't be good for my wine. The last two years, my wines have aged under the house. It gets a little cold in winter so I'm not sure which extreme is worst. No room under the house for those racks. Any thoughts about this?

Archer,

I didn't think at all you were questioning our wine rack. It was a worthy concern.

I don't know what I'd do without a basement. If you have to store your wines upstairs you may have to bite the energy cost to keep the temp stable. But if you don't keep them in the bottle that long you may not need to worry too much. Maybe store your long-term agers under the house. Everyone's situation is different and we often just have to punt.

Winemaking is like football. You may fumble but there's always a chance of recovery!
smiley36.gif

PWP said:
Winemaking is like football. You may fumble but there's
always a chance of recovery!

Yes, just like football. Lots of action for 3 seconds and then an age waiting
for the next play.BUT... you don't have to wear padding and a helmet
smiley4.gif

Didn't I see Stinkie wearing an aluminum foil, skull-mounted memory probe or something like that?

Latest posts

Back