Stirring Rods made from Pex Piping A-OK

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beggarsu

Reaction score
Made stirring rods with PEX piping, I use it with an electric blender.
I had a bunch of PEX ends left over from home plumbing repairs and suddenly realize they were useful.
They were designed for use with water - so no rust.

The PEX piping can be easily cut and it is stiff. I cut it in a four way spit at the stir end to splay out to stir - but I can collect it with my hand in and put it in a bottle , jug or carboy easily. . At the other end , where I use one of the blender things with an electric blender , I cut four small notches, , I cut and bent back the four metal bands of the one blender thingee and the metal blender rod and the four associate prongs go smoothly into the blender PEX stick.
Easy to clean - the blender rod and PEX stick can detach easily .

Another use of the PEX piping can be for straight siphoning for odd size bottles (where the standard siphon apparatus doesn't fit) or use with whole house filter it you want to use a wider aperture than 1/4 inch of standard wine siphons.

This is for those who might have had the experience of putting a soft plastic pipe in a bottle or one gallon jug and watching the thing curl up so you can't get to the bottom...argh

Also PEX stir sticks it can be made any length for 5 or 6 gallon carboy or 3 or 4 litre jugs or 2 litre pop bottle.

However I think best is a vacuum pump for degassing - that will be my next equipment buy in the fall when I restart this hobby.

Latest posts

Back