Sparkolloid help in a hurry please?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeidiM

Junior
Reaction score
I tried a search but I'm kind of in a hurry. How much for my 1 gal. Chocolate Cherry wine , please?

Mine has directions on the package; but here's what EC Kraus recommends:

DIRECTIONS:
1. For every gallon of wine to be clarified use one level teaspoon of Hot Mix Sparkolloid and 3 ounces of water.

2. In a pan bring the appropriate amount of water and Sparkolloid to a simmer for 30 minutes. Stir often. Do not allow the mixture to burn. Add more water if necessary.

3. Add the mixture to the wine while it is still hot. Add very slowly and stir until the mixture is evenly blended throughout the wine.

4. Let the wine set for 2 to 4 weeks, or until it has cleared. Siphon the wine off of the sediment.

EACH 2 OUNCE JAR: is sufficient for treating 40 gallons of wine.

INGREDIENTS: A proprietary blend of polysaccharides and diatomaceous earth.

Thank you!!! My bottle only had directions for 6 gal & didn't want to overuse

The pouch I had indicated:

To prepare for adding, it is recommended to use distilled water distilled water. Bring 2 cups to boiling and stir in 1 tsp. per gallon of Sparkolloid. Stir frequently, maintain the mixture at about 180*F. Sparkolloid contains some filter aids that will not dissolve. These particles will be adequately distributed by constant stirring as it is being heated. Agitating the mixture constantly is important. When all the globulues of clarifier have gone into suspension and the mixture is smooth and creamy (about 15 minutes), Slowly stir the Hot Sparkolloid into the wine to be clarified. Sparkolloid produces very fine lees, and the lees settle out of the wine slowly. Consequently, this material should not be used less than 30 days before bottling time, or small amounts may precipitate later in the bottles. Many winemakers allow for an eight-week settling time just to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back