WineXpert South African Viognier/Chenin/Roussanne shipped today!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started in on my first 750ml a couple of weeks ago and my second just now. Man, this is a great wine. It was born about 14 months ago and its finally ready and I expected it won't peak for another year or more, hopefully I can save some. Here're my tasting notes:

Beautiful nose with aromas of apricot, orange blossom, lime, honey, chamomile. Smells very sweet and perfumed. On the palate it is less complex but definitely not flat. I get the apricot and lime with medium-plus body, excellent acidity and a luscious fruity aftertaste that lingers and lingers. Very, very nice. This is worth $12-15 a bottle, easy.

Anyone else care to share how there's is coming along?

ops, just noticed this is an old thread.....:i

Cellar Craft made a LR of this same blend back in 2011. I still have 2 bottles left and opened one about 2 weeks ago that we paired with a roasted chicken. Still freaking amazing after 3.5 years. Truly a white wine that will age well and gets even better with time.

Sounds like a nice white blend. I regret not picking this up when I had the chance. Viognier can make such nice wines!

I'm still pretty bummed about mine. The "cat urine" smell, what I now know to be from 3MHA and not brettanomyces, has mostly faded but the wine is still not very pleasant to drink.

By A Thread:

How much of the F-pack did you use? I put about half of mine into the primary, and then backsweetened with the remainder. I have mine in bulk storage right now, I didn't start it until about Feb or so.

Francois: This was a dry wine with no F-pack. You sure you're thinking of the same wine?

You guys are right. I'm thinking of a Selection Muller Thurgau. I do have the Voignier in secondary, the MT is now in Bulk aging.

And I have an F-Pack with this year's Riesling :)

Back