Sourcing Lodi grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcart

Junior
Reaction score
I've found local message boards for Sonoma and Napa where growers can post available fruit. Have searched around and haven't found anything for Lodi yet -- which is odd when Lodi dumped massive amounts of fruit last year! Anyone know of any boards or forums to connect with Lodi growers? I would think some beautiful old vine fruit is going to be out there looking for a home in a few months. Thanks.

You could periodically check https://www.winebusiness.com/classifieds/grapesbulkwine or similar industry listings. They are primarily intended for wineries, but you can always contact a vineyard and ask if they are open to selling small quantities to home winemakers. The worst they can do is say no ;)

Last year I used Craigslist to find a local vineyard for Pinot Noir grapes where the ad was specifically geared to home winemakers, but this year I contacted a vineyard from an Oregon-specific wine classified list, that is a much closer 20 minute drive away from me, and they were willing to set aside my requested quantities of ~100lb each of Pinot Noir and Riesling.

Last edited:
The regulations are very high in California. If you're purchasing fruit from a commercial vineyard, you may need to get a license in order to do so.

Latest posts

Back