So this happened.........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my, didn't realize it was still there. Holding on to the sides of my chair just looking at it!

Wasn't this the bridge that had a harmonic rotation set up because of exposed I-beams below capturing the wind? Not sure if I remember the reason for the problem.

Last edited:
Jackson Browne last light at the Chateau St. Michelle Summer Concert Series!

20141012rmjacksonbrowne2-1.jpg

home_hero4.jpg

Traveled back from Bainbridge Island yesterday and met up with more family for lunch over in Kent. Then on to Woodinville for two nights. Jackson Browne played last night at Chateau St Michelle which is within walking distance from our hotel. Staying two nights here at the Willows Lodge. They have two of the best restaurants in town on site. The Herb Farm, and The Barking Frog. Will hit the Barking Frog today as well as major wine tasting here in Woodinville. The Red Hook Brewery is also right next door as well. Decisions, decisions!

Willows-Lodge-Woodinville-WA-22.jpg

5-acres-of-landscaped-gardens-1280x960.jpg

5D3_1418_1.jpg

Oh dear, the perfect storm happened today......

We headed out to Woodinville after a late brunch at the Barking Frog with our two favorite BIL and SIL who live just up the road in Sammamish, WA. He is a retired Microsoftie and was there when they had only 4 small buildings in Redmond. I had planned on going to my usual places to get free wine tastings as a wine list member. We started at Bookwalter, then hit Mark Ryan. Then I had called Avennia which I have been on the list for the last 3 years and they are only open by appointment. Just so happens that they had been called for a private tasting by Steven Tanzer so they had opened up a bottle of everything as well as bottles of 2012 and 2013 "Passing Time" (owned my Dan Marino) and which is being made by the same winemaker Chris Peterson. Well the main (money) guy at Avennia just also happens to be a retired Microsoftie so you can guess that we had one heck of a tasting. Man almost a dozen wines with 2-3 in a league of there own and we were getting basically glass pours for FREE........

Needless to say this put a dent in the afternoon and we were basically toast after that as it was impossible to spit or pour this into the bucket. We ended up leaving with almost 2 cases between us. Just flat out amazing and unbelievable juice. Went out and had some apps for dinner but we were too far gone for any more vino.

Man that was one afternoon of amazing wine tasting we won't soon forget!

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Man that was one afternoon of amazing wine tasting we won't soon forget!

That is, we won't forget the little bit of it that we are still able to remember! :)

Sounds freaking fantastic. I am green with envy. (Although you will probably be jealous to know that I opened a 2-year old Mezza Luna, and the KT is just about gone. Sorry to rub your nose in it! ;) )

It all looks simply amazing Glowin!

34K for a wedding? A bargain by NJ standards (I am afraid to say).

Was that one of those concrete aging vessels? Do you know how much it holds?

Yes, brand spanking new for this season! Looked to be about 500G or so. It was about 5ft tall I think. They make a killer Sauv Blanc that they are very excited to run about half through the Egg and half SS and compare differences then perhaps blend.

Was that one of those concrete aging vessels? Do you know how much it holds?

Made it home late yesterday….. check that this AM! What a trip. Brought back a case of wine plus a few more stuffed into the suitcases. Gotta love SWA. 2 bags checked for FREE per person still and the only airline still offering free bags. The case of wine weighed in at 43lbs alone safely under the 50lb limit. Speaking of SWA they bought a bunch of shiny new planes with all that money they been taking in the last year or so. Felt like I was sitting in a mini "Dreamliner" or something. Much more headroom and soothing blue lights so you have less of that cattle car feel! Was really a comfortable ride home!

IMG_0607.jpg

The spoils of the trip. You can't make great wine unless you know what great wine taste like!

That's a pretty nice haul!!

Have you ever heard of cellar pallet? One can become so accustomed to one's own wine that everything else begins to lose appeal. Having other wines from time to time is the way to avoid that.

So which one is your favorite??

Latest posts

Back