Smurfe Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
On Tuesday, in celebration of it being Tuesday and finding a frozen pizza in the freezer for dinner, I selected one of the wines from my horse trading at WineStock.
Smurfe! WOW!!! Your Amarone is to die for!!!!
smiley32.gif
Holy wine glasses, Batman!
smiley10.gif
This stuff pours thick and dark. It's verging on black when it comes out of the bottle. Big, bold and dry. The legs on this wine were so good it almost walked right out of the glass. The only down side to it is that it all went that night.
smiley19.gif
Smurfe, thank you for a fantastic wine!
smiley32.gif

Does this mean that you are going to make 1 PWP? I have the RJS E.P. bulking now and cant wait for another 6 months to bottle and have some left over.

I am glad you liked it. That was a really good kit. It was a Cellar Craft Grape Pack kit. I believe the ones you can getare even better now. That was one of the old ones before they put in the huge grape pack.

I really thought it would be ruined when I made it. That is the wine I had in primary when Hurricane Katrina and Rita hit here. It went 2 weeks in the primary with no A/C and got up over 90 degrees in the house.

It really shows that if you let those kit wines age properly they are uber fantastic. I just looked an I only have 2 bottle left.
smiley19.gif
Good thing is I found 2 bottles of the Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo I made at the same time I thought was long gone.
smiley32.gif
I thought it was even better than the Amarone.

Hey PWP - I don't think we've tried your wines yet. It should be about time, right?

Trashy, I'm sure you can pull the cork on some of those wines. Hold off on the beet though. Those scratch wines really improve with lots of aging.

Smurfe, for a wine that went through a hurricane it came out really well.
smiley32.gif

Ramona, I don't know if the wine was sexy but it sure was good.
Wade, we have an Amarone that's beenin the bottle since January. We just haven't opened one yet. We started it the end of May. Maybe we'll celebrate it's 1 year anniversary by opening one.

Back