Wine drinking with a humerous twist

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A62Rambler

Reaction score
A friend thought I would like Port. He said it was fortified wine. My breakfast cereal says it is fortified too so how bad can that be (more on this later). So, I decided to try one. I bought a decent Tawny Port to sample. I went home. After doing some work around the house and then having dinner, I decided to open the port and pour a glass. Since I just moved I couldn’t find the wine glasses. In fact I couldn’t find any glasses. So, I was forced to use a coffee cup from my set (I’m sure there are some cringing at the thought of Port in a coffee cup). I set the Port aside to allow it to breath. I was still very thirsty from the hot day, so I remembered the soda I had poured but not finished. The soda too had been put in a black coffee cup from the set. Where are those boxes with the glasses in them. I grabbed the soda and in two swallows had it downed. DingDing Ding My tastebuds just set off the alarm that the cup did not contain soda but something a little more flavorful and with a bit more kick. Well, I didn’t get a good taste because I was chugging soda, I thought. So I poured another glass, actually a black cup full of Port. Just then, I remembered that my laundry was done so I hung up my dress clothes. Then the dog wanted out to play. After playing with the dog in the heat I was very thirsty. I still have that cup of soda. So I grabbed the soda to quench my thirst. I gulped down the dark liquid in the cup. Ding Ding Ding Once again my tastebuds told me that something was amiss. Wow! That Port hash a kick to it. I’m startling to shtink it is good. Of coursh ishts hard to tell as fasht as it went down. I should finally try sisping some of that Port. So I poured a wee little glash he he I mean cuhp of Port. Hmmm, it has a bold flavor…I think. My tashtebus are kind of nuhmba. Come to think of it, ahl of me is kind of nuhm. Its shweet. A little too shweet for my tashte. But I can get used to thish. Wew, ish the AC on its kind of hhho warm in here.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The next day I got the chance to really taste the Port. It is sweet but it’s pretty good. I ordered a kit from George. I did learn that Port is best consumed slowly and in moderation. Hey the doc wants me to drink a glass of red wine each day. I’m thinking a small glass of Port each night will take care of that and help me relax before bed time. I also learned that fortified has several meanings. Where are those darned boxes with the glasses?

Sounds like someone got more than they bargained for!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back