small press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
i found a small aluminum press on winemakers depot...anyone ever used one like this? price was right, just under 70$...or does the small size make it useless?

i found a small aluminum press on winemakers depot...anyone ever used one like this? price was right, just under 70$...or does the small size make it useless?

Glad you asked this. Been eyeballing that press myself. Looks like it would do the trick but like you, I would love to know what others think.

It is going to take you a long time with that small of a press. I think that is a 1.3 liter press.

It is very small so yoll have to do most bacthes in batches but hey, it really wont make that much more work if your doing 6-10 gallon fruiut batches. Iy your making wines from grapes I will say that you would want a bigger press like #30 being the smallest.

It is very small so yoll have to do most bacthes in batches but hey, it really wont make that much more work if your doing 6-10 gallon fruiut batches. Iy your making wines from grapes I will say that you would want a bigger press like #30 being the smallest.

that's why i'm pondering which way to go...i have recently found i may be able to borrow a press from a neighboring county if i purchase my grapes there, so i was thinking abou this smaller press for my fruits...

Latest posts

Back