single blast bottle washer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whino-wino

Reaction score
Do any of you have one of these? If so, does it screw right on to the threads on my faucet or do I need to buy the adapter as well??

I was placing another order with George and I'm not sure if I need to add the adapter or not.

I have one and it fits right on my faucet in my "mop sink" out in the winery. My faucet has external threads though so if you have a normal kitchen sink faucet w/o external threads your going to need an adapter of sorts.

Works great BTW.

My $.02 would be to spend a little extra for the double-blaster that sits on the bottom of the sink. The single one seems to put too much pressure on the faucet - when you press down to activate the water blast the force of pressing down translates directly to the faucet. The blasters that sit on the bottom of the sink eliminate that potential problem.

Yes, if your spigot has external threads, it will screw right on. It is the same thread as hose pipe. Most spigots had internal threads so you will probably need an adapter.

I also agree with what Brewgrrrl said. I don't use mine anymore inside. I only use mine on carboys hooked up to the outside hose pipe spigot. I ended up replacing a faucet because the neck became wobbly from all the bottle washing. It was a cheap faucet though and doubt the same will happen with the newer better quality faucet I have now.

I'm also using the double blast washer because I wanted to avoid putting stress on the faucet. The double blast washer comes with an optional nipple for doing carboys.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" width="100%" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td ="table" width="2%" align="default"><div align="center">4795
</td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C4795_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Double Blast Bottle Washer
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$24.49</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$24.49 </td></tr></t></table>

I have the single head unit.
Glad you pointed out the issue of too much pressure on the faucet assembly. I haven't used mine, yet, it came with the equipment kit I bought from George.

I'll make sure I don't bend my faucet if I even use it.

You'll definitely want to use it for a final rinse before bottling!

I rinse out a couple of times with hot water from the tap and then do a 10 second final rise with this guy. Good way to rid of any extra trace of Oxyclean etc.

The single-spray washer definitely requires your other hand to be supporting the faucet assembly or you risk damage to the faucet assembly as Brewgrrrl and Smurfe noted above. Either bottle blaster method is a fantastic way to help rinse bottles.
- Jim

One feature of both the Blast and Double Blast is RINSING HOSES. The notch on the nozzle of the Blast and one of the nozzles with the Double Blast is great for rinsing hoses.
BTW, in case you need them at some point, parts for Fermtech products like the Blasts have been available through Buon Vino. I don't know about the mail order guys in the US, but I have seen the repair parts very rarely in the stores that I have visited in Canada and the US.

When I had a ferment on Premise, I wore out many Blast nozzles and broke some of the other parts too.

Steve

I put in a "wine tub" a couple of years ago for washing carboys and bottles. The faucet has threads on the OD and they do fit a hose, so I guess that answers my question. It's a fairly deep tub. I measured it and it's 24" x 21" and 16" deep. Yes, those are purple stains on the wall and tub.

DSCF2788.jpg

I may go with the double blaster based on what I've read, but at least I know now that Ishouldn't need an adapter.

That's the exact same spigot I wore out using my bottle blaster on. I had that same sink in the utility room of my last house.

smurfe said:
I had that same sink in the utility room of my last house.

Well no wonder it is stained after all that use, but I need to ask how he got it. Did you throw the whole thing away Smurfe instead of just the faucet?
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif

I love my bottle washer and use it all the time. I bought a Y connector
so I can use the washer or hose without having to change back and forth between the two. You do need a garden hose adapter to connect the
washer to the faucet.

Word of caution, I purchased a fancy "bar" style faucet with a high neck
thinking it work work. The fancy faucet did not have garden hose
threads so I could not connect the bottle washer to the new faucet.
20100305_112709__D701372.jpg

RJMehr said:
Word of caution, I purchased a fancy "bar" style faucet with a high neck thinking it work work. The fancy faucet did not have garden hose threads so I could not connect the bottle washer to the new faucet.
That is exactly why you need the adapter as mentioned in the original post.

BTW, great pic showing the notch on the nozzle for cleaning hoses that I mentioned above.

Steve

That is exactly why you need the adapter as mentioned in the original post.
[/QUOTE]

The adapter you need is a "garden hose" adapter, some of the newer faucets do not have the right threads for a garden hose, hence my warning.

Robert

Latest posts

Back