Can't connect my bottle washer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectman

Junior
Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody on this forum has had this problem already and has figured out a solution. My bottle washer has a regular garden hose connector to hook it up to the waterline. With my old kitchen faucet I would remove the aerator, screw in a little metal adapter and hook the bottle washer to the tap. Now we've gone and upgraded to a new sink with a Delta Addison single handle pull down faucet and I can't figure out how to connect the washer. I can remove the end of the faucet but I'm looking at a retractable hose. Where do I find/how do I makePXL_20230114_224158014.jpgPXL_20230114_224421085.jpg an adapter?

Off the top of my head...
1 - Bath faucets have aerators. Will your adapter fit that?
2 - Road trip. Take the faucet head to a Big Box store to find exactly what kind of fitting works. (You'll want the female of course.) You have the aerator adapter, with luck there's another fitting that would connect the two. OR if using the aerator adapter doesn't work, the fitting that goes into the hose is a 3/4 inch MHT probably. (Male Hose Thread) Lots of fittings and adapters have that.
3 - Cut the hose, use a hose clamp to connect.

All temporary. Personally I would try to find an elegant and permanent (dedicated) solution.

bottle washer2.jpg

I had a similar issue at the laundry tub. I used this bucket with some holes in it (so it would drain). I disconnected the washing machine and used this device. Worked great. I know this might not be your fix - but maybe similar if you looked at the plumbing connections inside the cabinet.

Personally, I would just get a new faucet. I have one that has a washer and a faucet so I can make connections on the faucet side.

Another option is a glass washer if you are comfortable drilling your counter. I have one installed, you can see it in the link below.

My Laundry Sink

The last, and far less elegant option is to stick the hose in the bottle and learn to grip that in one hand as you turn the tap on and off with the other.

Latest posts

Back