Cellar Craft Showcase Selection - Red Mountain Cabernet - with

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started mt RMC today. Smells good. I am using the oak powder during fermentation, But I am going to use my oak barrel instead of the cubes.

I keep debating about purchasing a wine barrel. I would love to have one in the winery but the price keeps getting in the way. I could buy a very good kit for the price of the barrel and the barrel has a limited useful life. I suppose the problem is that I don't know enough about wine barrels to intelligently debate the "pro" side of barrels.

Yes, the smell of the RMC in the primary is wonderful.
smiley1.gif

Just in case the obvious is not COMPLETELY obvious by now the Red Mountain AVA is turning into one of THE best growing regions in North America for grapes!

Red Mountain AVA

The other place to look out for is the Horse Heaven Hills AVA

Indeed the #1 Wine in this years 2009 Wine Spectator Top 100 list of wines for 2009 was the Columbia Crest 2005 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. All of the grapes used in this wine came from the H3 region, Wahluke Slope, or Cold Creek AVA's

We are EXTREMELY lucky to get juice from this area!

I could not agree more with you. It's one of the best AVA in Washington for sure. I also made the CC Red Mount Syarh. It's about 16 months old now. I just had my first bottle last week and its so good now. It's still green yet, but it will be one of the best wines I have made to date. CC makes a great kit for the price , the CC Zin is the other kit I love.

I have a CC Zin bulk aging now. If the Syrah was still green at 16 months, how long did it take for the Zin to be ready todrink?

The zin was ready in about 18 months. No green taste at that time. It really is very good at 18 month mark. I think I will keep making this kit two times a year. My wife and I love Zin, with the commercial wines going up in price every year, it makes me want to make more.

Read all these good things about Red Mountain Cab and had to try it! Got my kit on Saturday and will likely start it this week. This is my first CC kit andbased on all I have read about CC andthis wine in particular, I'm sure it will be really good. Crushed grape pack looks awesome!

Admiral, my Red Mtn Cab just turned a yr old and it is very nice!! You will enjoy yours!!
smiley4.gif

I am racking mine this weekend to take it off of the oak. It is a little oaky at this point but still yummy.
smiley1.gif

uavwmn, thanks for your update. Is yours bottled?

Latest posts

Back