Should I be offended?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Offended?
No.
Being ________ worthy can apply to just about anything you hand make as a hobby.

Yes, and "we" call it quiltworthy!! But I did learn a long time ago that I enjoy the process and whatever they do with the end result is their business! My emotional mind would want to be offended....but in the long run I do try and "keep the peace" when it comes to family.

First off, let me start by saying that unless I was there and knew all parties involved, etc., then I or no one can say for sure what we would do. However, here is my take on things concerning the general situation or how I think I would react.

I would possibly be a little curious as to why he did it, and didn't just ask me for some gas money. Me, being a very forward person, would ask him that too.

As far as wanting the bottle back, etc. I always ask for my bottles back along with a truthful verbal review of the wine. Now I assume in time that will go away but for now, since I am a fairly new winemaker, I like to know what people liked or disliked about the wine.

Yup, he wouldn't get anymore. I don't make my wine so someone else can profit from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

It was a nice gesture from you, but now knowing the end result... Everyone deserves a chance, but how many is up to you.

Good luck

When I give a wine, I have no idea what that person does with it not do I care. I gave it to them! It is their right to either drink or do whatever they want. It is no longer mine.

Gina, while you can pick your friends, you cannot pick your family! You are stuck with them! Your lifestyle is going in a different direction than theirs and they will never understand. No matter what you do, they will never understand! They may act like they do Nd they may ask simple questions but understand they don't. They are family accept them as they are and move on.

I might be pissed at first, but then I would ask myself, "what did I expect from him?". I'm trying not to be judgmental, however I am a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA) and I see this kind of parent all the time. No matter how colorful that bottle of Skittles might have been, his colors probably aren't going to change. I would be interested to find out who he sold it to.

I might be pissed at first, but then I would ask myself, "what did I expect from him?". I'm trying not to be judgmental, however I am a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA) and I see this kind of parent all the time. No matter how colorful that bottle of Skittles might have been, his colors probably aren't going to change. I would be interested to find out who he sold it to.

Someone who works with him at a local Italian restaurant.

Being ________ worthy can apply to just about anything

... isn't there a Seinfeld episode about that? :)

Judging from the dude's response, he knew he'd done the wrong thing by on-selling the bottle. I kind of agree with the sentiment that you should just let it go, though - now you know not to give him any more!

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

Or as George bush said "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —:slplol

I love the possitive feeling of a good sputter! Once I vent all that crap, it is gone for good.
Glad we gave you a good sounding bord for your sputtering:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

Dear Jobabri,
I know I came in on the tail end of this thread but I think the feelings and thoughts you describe make this a good post as someone else said.
Everyone who has stated their opinions have given you some great advice and food for thought., better than I could . I do have a couple of things I would like to share.

first, I think it was a very nice thing to do. Anytime anyone gives me anything, I am very appreciative of it as an act of kindness. If you were give me a bottle of your homemade wine---I would be honored!

I think it would have been polite on his part if he would have showed some type of "humility" by saying that he needed some money for gas and sold it but I have a feeling that that type of statement from him plus the emotions that go with it may not be part of his personality at the moment. Too bad.

We used to call the "should", the tyranny of the should.
Should you have been offended? You felt what you felt and thought at the moment. Can't change that. The question I would and always try to ask myself is what did I learn from it and what will I do the next time.

I think you know the answer to that one based on what everyone has said to you...until the next time, that is.

At the risk of sounding...whatever, I think the acts of kindness that you do return in ways that out live us all. OK. I said it. Now I will shut up.

Corinth

Here is my two cents.

When I give people a bottle I ask them to save their empties for me (depending on how close I am to the person). If they give me a few empties I give them another bottle or more if they bring a lot.

Most of the time: I prefer to share a bottle or two with people. Then I can get direct feedback on one favor versus another.

Finally I would not be offended. It takes people time after being in prison to get there mind in order. From what I have been told you have to barter all the time in prison, and fight to keep what you have. If I was you, I would bury the hatchet and share a bottle with him next time... Then getting the bottle back is easy.

Latest posts

Back