Shelf Life...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosa6329

Reaction score
So I have about 6 growlers filled with skeeter pee. What is the shelf life of this? I want to save it for the summer but I am not sure if it will last that long before going bad. Does anyone know how long it can stay in the growlers for??

Thanks!

How do your growlers seal? I bottle my Skeeter Pee in 12 ounce bottles and seal them with crown caps. While most of it gets consumed the same season that it is made, I do over-winter some for those who would like to try it in the winter as well as to have a supply ready for the first warm days of Spring. I haven't detected any problems with spoilage.

If your growlers are a tight seal, I think they should last fine until summer. If the seal is weak, changes in temperature or atmospheric pressure could cause gasses to push in and out of the bottle.

How do your growlers seal? I bottle my Skeeter Pee in 12 ounce bottles and seal them with crown caps. While most of it gets consumed the same season that it is made, I do over-winter some for those who would like to try it in the winter as well as to have a supply ready for the first warm days of Spring. I haven't detected any problems with spoilage.

If your growlers are a tight seal, I think they should last fine until summer. If the seal is weak, changes in temperature or atmospheric pressure could cause gasses to push in and out of the bottle.

Growlers are sealed by screw cap. I can even pour wax over to get an extra seal. What do you think?

As long as your caps have some type of liner in them, and you seat them down firmly, you should be fine without the wax.

Latest posts

Back