WineXpert Selection Viognier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyDinkle

Reaction score
Has anyone made this kit? I purchased it but have never tried the wine (liked the description).

Any comments?

Katy, I assume you are referring to the WineExpert Selection 15 liter Viognier kit. I have not tried that particular kit but I do have 12 gallons of Viognier in bulk aging which I made from Chilean Juice. So far I am very pleased with it. It has a very nice taste, good body and color, and should be good with poultry and sea food. I would imagine that your kit will turn out very nicely. I like that it is 15 liters of juice. My experience with large white kits has been positive. Good luck.

Katy, I made this kit last summer (July). It was only the second kit I'd ever made. I also bought it on the basis of the description. It was great! Stone fruit, low acid, medium bodied. By Christmas there was none left. I'm left wondering how it would have tasted with a year in the bottle. I'll make it again after I've tried out several other kits.

A friend of mine and I ended up making this kit (it was our second one, ironically) back in January, and it was bottled about three months ago (never enough carboys). TomK-B's description is pretty spot on. Definitely an early drinking wine. I even did a country-style wine tasting (complete with plastic red cups) with my family...who do not really drink wine...and they liked it. A lot of people have never even heard of viognier let alone tasted it.

You'll want to hide some though, as anyone you happen to give a bottle to will want more. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you did this kit.

Back