?Sangria?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smikes

Reaction score
My wife and other ladies on her side of the family are into sweet, fruity wines and all have expressed their happiness with a sangria they bought.

When I tried it ,it tasted like it was made with a concord base, some
blended fruit and ended with a pronounced orange aftertaste.

Recipes I have found (JK ) seem to make it as a punch to be drank quickly.Fruit and fruit juiceare added to a wine base and left to soak before staining and ?bottling? No fear of a fermenting of added fruit?

So my questions are....

Does anyone have a good sangria recipe?
Can it be made like a regular wine, or does it have to start as a stand alone red wine and mabey add a big F-pac?

The orange after taste is one of the big likes of this drink.

My thanks for any insight!

I made a straight concord wine from welchs frozen concentrate. when I want a sangria I open a bottle and add the following

1/2 sliced orange
1/2 sliced lemon
1/2 sliced lime
simple syrup to sweeten to taste
1/4 of 2 liter bottle of sierra mist

add sliced fruit to container mash with a big spoon add wine , simple syrup , and Sierra Mist ( soft drink ). Stir , refridgerate and enjoy You can strain it if the pulp bothers you. It comes out light and refreshing and somewhat sparkling

BOB

I got a recipe from foodnetwork.com and made sangria in a two gallon jug with a spigot and kept it in the fridge. I used a red wine I wasn't real happy with drinking on its own and made it into something fantastic.

Here is my recipe

1 bottle of red wine
2 cups ginger ale
1 cup spiced rum
2 shots gin
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
strawberries, oranges, lemons, limes (however much fruit you want cut up)
Mix everything together and put in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours. Tastes great the next day.

Here is a link you can find lots of recipes for sangria http://www.wineintro.com/sangria/
Enjoy
VC

This isn't a recipe but the biggest hit I have made as a wine is the RJS Orchard Breezin' Sangria kit - I'm sorry to say that as I would rather that my biggest hit would have been one of my from-scratch country fruit wines! It has been popular straight-up chilled from the bottle or incorporated into a recipe. I think I have made it 3 times now.

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=14876

Latest posts

Back