Rookie question...aging?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattw

Junior
Reaction score
OK...I have bottled my first batch ever...questions about aging...what is the minimum time that I should allow before breaking into one of these bottles? What is the maximum amount of time that I should let the bottles sitbefore it goes bad?

Thanks for all the help!

A lot will depend on what kit you have bottled.....And welcome to the forum, I haven't noticed you here before..

Great...Mosti Mondiale...Merlot...does that help? What else do you need to know? Thank you!

Which one of the Mosti kits??....Vinifera Noble or Renaissance,etc??

It will make a difference...

The description of the wine saids ready in 2 months to drink....I haven't tried these kits, but I do like all of the Mosti kits I have tried....
smiley20.gif

I have not tried the Through the Grapevine line, but all of the Mosti kits I have done benefit with age. Wait at least one month after bottling to allow the bottle shock to wear off. I would say try the first one attwo months and then one a month until you feel the taste has developed to your liking.

As far as how long before it goes bad, if you used a good cork like George's perfect agglomerate, it should last at least three years.

Mattw,
I haven't tried that kit either but have done several other Mostis. My limited experience is that you need to give it time - pleanty of it! Even though I think PeterZ gives excellent advice, I'd wait even longer.Your first kit will have to be tasted soon, perhapsas little as a month - and make some noteswhen you do. ( You might even post them here for fun) Then give it 3 or 6 before you try again.
Good to have you aboard!

Latest posts

Back