Rhubarb strawberry blending advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabe

Reaction score
I am going to be making a batch of rhubarb wine and I am also going to make a batch of strawberry wine. My intent was to make two seperate batches and bottle some of each but also bottle some of them blended. I'm also considering making a batch with both strawberry and rhubarb fermented together but I'm not sure if there would be any advantage to this. I read recently that rhubarb tend to take on the flavour of whatever it is blended with. I was surprised by this because rhubarb is such a strong flavor I would have thought that it would overpower whatever it was blended with. Any suggestions or advice?

Wannabe, I found that the strawberry was very strong in flavor. I have made both and blended. I would advise you NOT to blend them before they are finished. Let them both finish and then do bench trails with your wife or friends.

You might find that you want to sweeten one more then the other and then when you blend them you may adjust again. I also found leaving the rhubarb slightly more acidic was a nice touch.

Make seperate.
starting gravity 1.085 tops
strawberry 8# per gal
not to sure on the rhubarb
wait till dry maybe add f-pac to strawberry.
measurs oz when blending
once you like it multiply to gallons...

I'm posting on here to keep an eye on this thread. I would also like to make some Strawberry Rhubarb wine. Perhaps this summer.

I'm posting on here to keep an eye on this thread. I would also like to make some Strawberry Rhubarb wine. Perhaps this summer.

You can go to the top and click thread tools. A drop down will have a subscribe to thread option. Click that then you don't have to post to keep up with them.:D

Latest posts

Back