Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Rosso D'Avola

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexPKeaton

Reaction score
Started this kit yesterday. Initial SG was around 1.084 and today is only 1.080, but it seems that I've read that this kit is a "slow and steady" fermenter out of the gate, so I'm not too worried.

I'm thinking about adding raisins or a grape pack. Anyone made this kit without raisins/grape pack? It seems that most who have made this kit added raisins, but I didn't want to void the warranty, haha.

I added a pound of organic flame raisins (whole foods) turned out pretty nice. Helped with some additional mouthfeel. Pretty easy and safe tweak.

Yep done it twice. Added raisins both times. Was slow both times and love it. Plan to do one each year.

Thanks - definitely getting more of a "soda-fizz" fermentation than a big, boily fermentation but seems to be progressing. Added organic raisins from Whole Foods this morning.

When y'all added raisins, how long did you leave them in the must/wine?

Did you put the raisins in a strainer bag or cheesecloth so you can squeeze them in a few days. Dont forget to dunk the raisins every day.

Usually left in till fermented to dry in the bucket. Make sure you snap the lid and add the airlock when things slow down fermentation wise. Since you added the raisins a day or two late I would leave them in till its dry (0.998). Like Tony says punch them down daily. Hope you added them into a cheesecloth bag or similar if not you will need a slotted spoon to remove them when moving to secondary. Little more work but still very doable.

When y'all added raisins, how long did you leave them in the must/wine?

A.P.K.
And when you're done you can follow Alex P Keytons advice and toot your own horn. TOOT TOOT.

Tried to degas the wine tonight - SG is about 0.993, temp about 80F. There was a ton of sediment when I racked from the carboy before degassing, so that leads me to think there wasn't a bunch of CO2 in the wine. I stirred the hell out of the wine and couldn't hardly muster any CO2 bubbles. Thoughts? Is it possible the wine just "degassed itself"? I'm on day 20 (trying the 5-20-40-90 method).

Latest posts

Back