Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Franc Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelican

Reaction score
This kit was started Feb 20th, and I just bottled it kit today. Wow, it's tasting very very good.

Go ahead and laugh, because I am -- I now know exactly what folks have meant about the lack of body in the "other" (lower priced) kits. !! I have something to compare to now, and there is no comparison.

I managed to score two of these kits from George as they were up against their expiration date, and he offered them at a nice discount - I am SO glad I got both kits.

I'll be starting that other kit shortly so as to have a continuing supply of this one.

I would even be happy if I had paid full price for the kit, it's that good (and yes, I'm that cheap that it would be a question in my mind otherwise).

This Mosti Renaissance kit rocks!
smiley32.gif

Sounds like a great deal for you....These MM kits are very nice, give them some time and you will have some great wine...ENJOY...CHEERS...
smiley20.gif

Well I typed a whole lot about how these are great and I am drinking a VN Franc Sauvignon right now. I hit enter and poof- it was gone.

Rather than trying to retype it all- just realize these are really good tasting full bodied kits and keep improving with a bit more age. Mine is great at a year, and it is the cheaper kit!

Appleman, I think it was your posts raving about the VN Franc Sauvignon that was my inspiration. I wanted the VN kit, but when I called, George said it was out/discontinued/not available at the time -- but he had these 2 Renaissance kits going at a discount due to the expiry date. I hate to give away George's trade secrets, so I won't say how much of a discount but it was incentive enough to get both kits, when I had been looking for the cheaper kit initially...

I would ALMOST say I'm sold 100% on the Renaissance kits and won't buy anything "lower" but... I can't say that because I do like to pinch pennies just to hear them scream, before I spend them.

But for having been hesitant (oh come on, that's an understatement) about spending for a bigger kit, but not really so thrilled with what I got out of the WE 10ltr kits I've tried (all 2 of them) - I now wouldn't hesitate to spend up a bit on the Renaissance line kits.

And, I also won't hesitate to get a VN kit next time instead of the WE line.

And... ta da.. in reflection of the South American source of the juice
(per the MM web site) and that I topped up this kit with Merlot -- I
made this for the labels:

20090510_154555_fs_001.jpg

Maybe you just drank more then you think and never typed it Rich!
smiley3.gif
Great label pelican!

Pelican,

It was from Appleman's review that I also made that kit, bottled it in March but haven't tried it yet. Nice label by the way!

Hey Pelican!!! Good for ya... Last week I ordered that kit for George, and he called me and said it was discontinued... so I went with the Malbec. Maybe he will have it again.

Latest posts

Back