Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoastalEmpireWine

Reaction score
Has anyone used Renaissance Bravo for Cabernet Sauvignon? I am considering using this yeast but don’t know much about it. In the past I’ve used Renaissance Avante with a Zinfandel that turned out great. I liked the flavor notes that Renaissance posted for Bravo over Avante for a Cabernet. I have no experience with high glycerol producing yeasts.

I haven't used Bravo -- yet. I will use Bravo and Avante for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and a third grape (TBD Cabernet Franc or Sangiovese) this fall. My experiences with Avante over the last couple of years give me reason to trust Renaissance's descriptions.

I add glycerin to my wines. so based upon that you can expect more body and mouthfeel.

A year from now I'll have real feedback, but my take is that Bravo will be pleasing.

It’s currently in the fridge around 33F. Do you vacuum seal it again after use? How do you store it? I still have 60 grams of Avante from last year.
In the old days, before I took microbiology, and was taught how to run yeast and mold plate counts, yeast were smart enough to survive in a moderate temperature as 65F with high humidity as 60%. Now that we know how to do plate counts we see which conditions create safe/ clean foods. ,,,, High temperature as sitting in a semi with the refrigeration turned off in California will kill yeast and dehydration as 30% humidity will kill yeast.

I have had yeast in the fridge five years past expiration date and it worked well when simply sprinkled on the surface of a must. I have seen yeast on the shelf at room temperature in the store. On my part my Renaissance yeast is not vacuum packed, it is in five gram zip lock bags.

Latest posts

Back