Recommend a good cheese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkcook

Reaction score
Hello all,

I love a glass of wine with slice ofcheese. I'm having a glass of Chanti with some White Cheddar andBrie. I love the Cheddar, but the Brieis a bit bland.

Can you recommend somecheese forred wines and forwhite wines?

I like a Provolone, Gouda or Smoked Sharp Cheddar myself.

Try getting a soft Pecorino or even better see if you can get a local farmers cheese.
smiley2.gif

&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;
Wade

My favorite cheese is manchego - a dry, delicious cheese made from sheep's milk (I believe) in Spain.

With commercial wines, I choose the cheese from the region. I had a Piemonte tasting a few months ago and served shaved, seared fillet on a rye deli toast with a parmigiano reggiano/mayo spread, fresh argula leaf, topped with a piece of shaved parmigiano reggiano. Very yummy.

Any cheese that is stinky and sharp is a winner with me. It makes you appreciate the smoothness of the wine even more.
smiley1.gif

but I love that website, Angell!

M.

I use a simple method of matching the first letter of the wine with the first letter of the cheese. Therefore...

Verdiccio - Velveeta

Chianti - CheeseWhiz

The same applies to my meat selections...

Sauvignon Blanc - Spam

Beaujolais - Bologna

Valpolicella - Vienna Sausage (or as we like to call it here in Texas, "Veener Weiners"

Latest posts

Back