Recognition of a Fine Wine!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
I must recognize a fine wine maker, Bert. Tonight he brought up a bottle of Sack Mead that he bottled a year ago. Wow!
smiley32.gif
This stuff is wonderful! I think I've fallen in love!
smiley9.gif
I must be careful because it goes down so smoothly! He's done a fine job on this mead and thought he should get some public recognition. If I weren't already married I'd marry him!
smiley2.gif

Way to go Bert !
smiley32.gif

Do you think he would be willing to share the recipe?
smiley2.gif

I bet I could get him to post the recipe if I did the typing for him! I see what I can do!
smiley36.gif

Being the visual type I would ask that PWP might post us some pictures of her Mead Master and his Sack Mead
smiley32.gif

Picture of mead without mead master is posted with the recipe on the link for recipes!

Okay - not to sound like the ignorant one here, but what makes it a "sack" mead? I'm just picturing a bottle of mead with a brown paper sack wrapped around it.
smiley36.gif

Yes, paper or plastic? I have a few lunch sacks laying around. Perhaps I can start a 1 gallon batch...

I wasn't sure on this and after searching all my resources I found the same info:

Sack mead is a mead that has more honey than normal added to it and is strong and sweet.

Latest posts

Back