recipe's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhythmsteve

Reaction score
It's about that time to harvest my Bartlett Pears and was wondering if anyone has a good recipe to use with these pears.

Never made wine from fresh pears but due to flavor profile Id try to not dilute t with any water. Id probably core them and maybe get a new garbage disposal (Sink Monster) and mount it on a pce of plywood with a bucket underneath it unless you have an apple crusher. Not sure also if pears have a high malic acid amount like apples but if so Id probably use Lalvin 71B if so to eat up some of that malic acid. I have made a pear wine before using canned pears and I should have used more pears but even with that said it tasted like a very nice Chablis.

I have tasted several pear wines... it is very delicate. NO WATER. You can also core them, throw in a bucket with just a bit of Kmeta water and cover it. The gas will keep them from browning. Next FREEZE them. Once they come out of the freezer, a light mash will get them ready. Double the pectic enzyme and you'll be off to the races.

Debbie

Use ascorbic acid right when you start cutting them up to prevent browning

Latest posts

Back