Raising Chickens

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have chickens but we are planning on getting a couple layers. I'll have to go check out this site.

Wow txBrew you have a lot of hobbies ...... and forums! Do the coyotes get the checkens out there?

Yep I collect hobbies though chicken raising is more of a job then a hobby or at least that's what my Son says.

We don't have many issues with coyotes. We have bobcats, hawks, eagles are our main predators.

cool I'm a chicken wrangler! I'll check out the site! heres some of my ladies....
057-10.jpg

the Roo's are in the freezer:)
049-10.jpg

raising chickens and making wine are much easier imo then keeping saltwater tanks and raising
Rottweilers....

cool I'm a chicken wrangler! I'll check out the site! heres some of my ladies....
057-10.jpg

the Roo's are in the freezer:)
049-10.jpg

raising chickens and making wine are much easier imo then keeping saltwater tanks and raising
Rottweilers....

Look forward to seeing you over there!

What breeds?

I have
copper marans
barred rock
red sexlinks
easter eggers
silver lace wyandotte
gold lace wyandotte
buff orpington
and a goofy looking silkie named Phyllis Diller:)

We are going to get Buff Orpington and Rhode Island Reds for this coop.

I have a few(16)layers , 4 banty(pets), 9 turkeys, whose days are numbered and 6 Quail I will take you a picture of my coops and post them for you. A cool border collie that thinks they are sheep and dogs, coyotes, raccoons and weasels dont stand a chance of getting them. A owl got 2 that got out and crows got a banty when she was out playing in garden

Last edited:
If anyone raises backyard chickens, I have started a chicken forum and would appreciate you stopping by and showing off your coop/flock.

http://www.chickenforum.com/

I've been raising them for awhile but recently moved so now I have access to do much more, started a chicken tractor last week.

You can see my build here:

http://www.chickenforum.com/f16/chicken-tractor-build-thread-14/

Count on me for your forum, my flock is approximately 60 chickens, I have barred rocks, production reds, australorps, easter eggers, campines, phoenix, lakenvelders, bantams, turkens, patridge rocks, and welsummers; I sell the eggs, because the production is more than we can eat and I also use them for meat, chicken soup is good for colds... this is my baby, a beautiful Golden Phoenix....

Gold Phoenix.JPG

I think we are a week or two away from getting eggs.

At our new location it's been tough with the predators. Dogs, hawks, raccoons, skunks.

Still have 16 left but have lost all but 2 of the guineas.

I have 2 RIR's and 2 Golden Comets. Fresh eggs everyday are one tasy scene. The store stuff is garbage in color and taste and looks compared to what my chickens produce.

Latest posts

Back