Quistion about step one.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oliveking

Junior
Reaction score
If I am using step one to sanitize my stuff can you put it in a bottle or tupperwear dish and reuse it the next day? If so how long can you use it. I have to stir my primary twice a day and it seems silly to make a new batch every time. Thanks

If I am using step one to sanitize my stuff can you put it in a bottle or tupperwear dish and reuse it the next day? If so how long can you use it. I have to stir my primary twice a day and it seems silly to make a new batch every time. Thanks

Just my opinion.... I use one step to clean my equipment and then throw it away. Kinda like doing the dishes. I use K-meta to sanatize. I make up a gallon or two and keep some in a spray bottle for quick sanatizing like spraying the spoons and bungs etc. You can keep k-meta for awhile and to check to see if it is still good just shake it then kinda wave your hand over it and smell. If you smell it it is still good. I usually use mine up before it goes bad. (about a month or so)

As well as gallon jugs of each, I keep a spray bottle of Kmeta and a spray bottle of StarSan.

Spraying works great for the stirring spoon, hydrometer, thermometer, ..etc.
Spray sanitize each time you use these items.

Also, if you have more than one batch of wine going at a time, spray (for instance) the hydrometer when you leave the first batch and start to go into the next.

Latest posts

Back