RJ Spagnols Prosecco?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOESILVA401

Reaction score
Made Reserve Du Chateay 6 week kit--Came out clean, lots of floral notes, crisp, but unique after-taste and lacks the true "bubbly" of store bought Prosecco/Champagne. Perhaps thru degassing stages? Drinkable nonetheless!

image-2913693530.jpg

image-1741426262.jpg

image-2840360029.jpg

Attachments

• image-4257140950.jpg
    image-4257140950.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 267
I don't know anything about that kit. Did they have you do anything special to provide the Prosecco fizz? I do like a Prosecco as an appetizer wine.

Maybe some of that after taste is kit related and will go away in 6 to 12 months. Again, I don't really know that kit.

Looks great in the bottle.

Your best bet would have been to force carbonate it in either a full size, korny, or mini keg. Then bottled it under carbonation to keep that fizz you are looking for.

I'm curious...you mention it did not have the true bubbly of prosecco...was any type of secondary/bottle fermentation done? Or it is just treated like any other kit wine?

From what I understand (having never done it myself), forced carbonation gives larger sized bubbles compared to that achieved with a secondary fermentation. Probably easier to do if you have access to the equipment, though.

Yep you are right. Forced carbonation happens just before bottling. You would need a co2 tank, and a keg large enough to hold your wine. Then for the bottling part you would need a special bottler in order to be able to bottle it under pressure. If you can get your hands on the bottler it is a simple process far easier than bottle fermentation ans with no extra sediment left over in the bottle.

Let me know if you want a little more insight on the process as this is how I finish my sparkling cider every year.

Latest posts

Back