Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraffty,

That is exactly what I was going for! I'm glad it came through.
We were thinking of doing a burlap/twine kind of label, but thought it was a little bland with the quotes, etc, and the general creepiness might not come through.

syncnite,
Manthing makes my labels for me.
They are printed on some type of vinyl, similar to bumper sticker material.

Here is my "White Washed" Niagara I put together for the WMT Welches contest. I posted a few pics over there but thought one fit in here also. Trying to come up with something a little different. I think ideally I need to develop a silk screen press that fits a wine bottle to do this right.
Those look fantastic. Very unique.

Here is my "White Washed" Niagara I put together for the WMT Welches contest. I posted a few pics over there but thought one fit in here also. Trying to come up with something a little different. I think ideally I need to develop a silk screen press that fits a wine bottle to do this right.
Mike
Absolutely fantastic package Kraffty. So simple but so powerful... the "messiness" really gives it a lot of energy. Great design!

As an artist I'm curious to know how you did it as well. :b

Absolutely fantastic package Kraffty. So simple but so powerful... the "messiness" really gives it a lot of energy. Great design!

As an artist I'm curious to know how you did it as well. :b

I got your email Kraffty with the pics...thanks for sharing and what you're trying to do is fantastic. My only two suggestions are:
• You could try mounting the stamp on a convex curved block, to mimic rollers of a printing press. A cylinder rolling across a flat surface doesn't work as well as two cylinders rolling together.
• Use a thicker ink/paint. I’d go to an art or craft store and see what paints they have for glass. I’m guessing house paint may not be the best choice. Maybe they even have a paint you could bake on in the oven, make it enameled to use over and over again.

Really cool and creative , and thanks for sharing.

Not a final design, but a prototype. Clean, simple, to the point. Some test samples I'm sharing this weekend with the folks helping me plant grapes.

10364209_10100450638498969_5278544867259517867_n.jpg

Those are great, Greg. Nothing fancy required. I sometimes get carried away with my creativity and make mine too "busy". Good job!

Thanks. I thinking about how to make these stand out on the store shelves too. Thus I'm thinking the clean 4e logo will be become instantly recognizable among a sea of other bottles. I'm also looking to impart a sense of seriousness to the wine in the label. Thus, not cluttered with pictures and distractions. Hoping this will let me use a slightly higher price point than the other sweeter less complex local wines.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Not a final design, but a prototype. Clean, simple, to the point. Some test samples I'm sharing this weekend with the folks helping me plant grapes.

Great design Greg. Simple can be very powerful, and your reasoning away from "busy" makes total sense. My only suggestion (and this is ONLY a suggestion to think about...your label is perfect the way it is) is making the 4e a slightly different color from the rest of the text; you get the best of your design strategy by being simple but also making your brand stand out (from the rest of the label). If professionally printed it could even be foil. Just an idea.

Great job.

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback. I have one view but I need to recognize a larger view.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I like the simplicity as well. What about changing the font colors based on the type of wine? Could just be subtle color differences.

Also maybe come with names other than the wine varietal. Not sure many folks know what "MN 1200" is

Last edited:
Thanks. Of course I'll use wine names that people can identify with.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Is that bottled already, Jim? Mine are still bulk aging. One other question: What is your Carmanere to Malbec ratio? I'm thinking about a 2:1 Malbec to Carmanere...but they are both so good, it's hard to decide how to blend them!

Is that bottled already, Jim? Mine are still bulk aging. One other question: What is your Carmanere to Malbec ratio? I'm thinking about a 2:1 Malbec to Carmanere...but they are both so good, it's hard to decide how to blend them!

This is the 2013 vintage - bottled about two weeks ago. It's about 12% Malbec and that was determined simply by the containers I had available after primary. :)

Back