Post your crush/press day photos

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another photo from the niece. Each year, at crush, I take a clean side of a lug and have everyone sign it. I miss the boat on this and passed it around after half the folks had already gone home. Chalk it up to having too good of a time!

I have been doing this for about 10 years. My plan is to decorate a wall in my cellar with them.

Untitled.jpg

Still no pics of the actual crush. You know what they say John... "Pics or it didn't happen" :)

We did our apple crush again this year - good fun for my little family! We started with around 15-18 gallons of frozen apples, crab apples and ure pears. Ended up with a solid 10 gallons of juice. I did 16 Litres of pasteurized juice, apple syrup (x2), apple jelly (x2), and then gave away a gallon or 2. I'm currently fermenting the last 4 gallons with 20 pounds of fruit from the freezer: raspberries, peaches, nectarines, and tart cherries. No water, all fruit.

2016-10-02 17.50.38.jpg

2016-10-02 17.50.41-3.jpg

We did our apple crush again this year - good fun for my little family! We started with around 15-18 gallons of frozen apples, crab apples and ure pears. Ended up with a solid 10 gallons of juice. I did 16 Litres of pasteurized juice, apple syrup (x2), apple jelly (x2), and then gave away a gallon or 2. I'm currently fermenting the last 4 gallons with 20 pounds of fruit from the freezer: raspberries, peaches, nectarines, and tart cherries. No water, all fruit.

Could you post a little detail on the fruit grinder in the photos. I'm looking for something like that for apples.

Our Crush started odd but still came out great. Invited 5 people that all had something come up and couldn't make it so it was my mom, wife and me with 11 lugs and 12 gals of juice. Luckily I bought a crusher/destimmer this year, and for any one thinking about buying one, my advice would be...BUY IT!! Even with the hand crank, it took less than a minute for each lug, loading, unloading and cleaning took far longer but it did an awesome job. Kmeta, Lallzyme, OptiRed and OakChips Saturday night then a great bbq dinner. On Sunday I adjusted Sugar and PH, pitched yeast, cleaned up and plan on pressing next saturday. All in all looks like we're off to a good start this year.
Mike

Crushing.jpg

Must.JPG

Those look a bit full. You might want to split those up into two fermenters each our get bigger brutes.

Probably the last of the grapes this year. Picked 900 pounds of King of the North from a neighboring vineyard to make our best seller, a sweet, grapey red wine we call Bison Tale.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1476318580.137486.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1476318595.753919.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1476318607.889239.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1476318622.339471.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1476318643.546233.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back