Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, tanddc. Now we just need someone to submerge a GoPro down there to get some pics. :D

Someone mentioned that to our guide. I believe the local University was concerned that would not be able to get it back up! I would imagine if anyone wanted to donate one they would be more than happy to send it down. :pic

So you've racked to secondary? How many gallons of wine did you get from the 27 lbs of peaches?
I have about 50 lbs of peaches in the freezer, and I'm still confused as to how much I need per gallon.

So you've racked to secondary? How many gallons of wine did you get from the 27 lbs of peaches?
I have about 50 lbs of peaches in the freezer, and I'm still confused as to how much I need per gallon.

I have about 5 gallons now, but I added a half gallon of peach nectar, and another gallon of water with 4 cans of Welch's White Grape Peach. Frankly, I was really disappointed with the yield. And I expect to lose another half gallon from sediment.

I would think you'd get at least 6 gallons out of your 50 lbs. But there is only one way to find out.

A little bit of interesting and useless information. This is "The Clock" that was at Loveman's, an very nice department store in Birmingham, Alabama. It was in the center of the shopping area in Birmingham. If family or friends went to town to shop and they split up for whatever reason, they would usually agree to meet at the clock at a certain time. "I'll meet you at the clock at 12:30"

I know the building still exists as it is a wonderful science museum for children (and adults) and I am pretty sure the clock is still there.

Birmingham,_AL_Lovemans_Department_Store_1950_(3618885145).jpg

This is my Grandfather. This photo was taken by some representatives from the Jim Dandy Feed Company for a advertisement some time in the late 40's or early 50's. The caption on the photo says that there were 2,800 hens being fed Jim Dandy Feed.

Paw.jpg

A little bit of interesting and useless information. This is "The Clock" that was at Loveman's, an very nice department store in Birmingham, Alabama. It was in the center of the shopping area in Birmingham. If family or friends went to town to shop and they split up for whatever reason, they would usually agree to meet at the clock at a certain time. "I'll meet you at the clock at 12:30"

I know the building still exists as it is a wonderful science museum for children (and adults) and I am pretty sure the clock is still there.

We did the same sort of thing whenever we went into NYC, except it was the clock in the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel.

So here is pic from the early 1900's. It is my Grandfather's Saloon located in Yorktown, TX about 90 miles Southeast of San Antonio. He was the proprietor for quite some time. When "the great social experiment" or Prohibition came in 1920 he converted into an Ice Cream/Soda Fountain of sorts. Did not make enough to stay open and closed it down shortly after that I believe.

My Grandfather is the only gentleman sans cowboy hat in the middle, all white outfit. My family arrived in South Texas in the late 1800's along with many many other German immigrants that settled heavily in South Texas.

Interestingly enough, the building is still standing today and has been converted as part of the towns historical museum of sorts.

Saloon.jpg

Last edited:
Back