Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to get a picture of the biggest one I have delt with so far. It took 2 large tractors and a whole lot of man power to roll out of the way

Not only is he eating me out of my garden but he's moved his family in. Too many houses for the 10/22 but the 'ol Gamo Pellet rifle has taken out two of them so far today.

The only thing that will really get rid of em is a 22 caliber or larger. I've tried chicken wire, pinwheels, sprays, chewing gum, dog hair, etc. The little bastards are immune to everything!

Well like I said I took out two of them today with my Pellet gun. A few years ago I bought the best one Cabellas had. It's amazing how accurate and powerful it is. Gamo is the brand.

Last edited:
I have a pellet gun I use in the barns on birds. Shoots less than 500 fps so it takes out the pesky birds without poking holes in the roof.

I'll have to get a picture of the biggest one I have delt with so far. It took 2 large tractors and a whole lot of man power to roll out of the way

I can't imagine how much that would weigh. I picked up a piece the size of my palm and it weighed at least a pound. At the rate these glaciers are retreating, this could possibly be your great, great ,great granddaughters' kitchen countertop.

Not only is he eating me out of my garden but he's moved his family in. Too many houses for the 10/22 but the 'ol Gamo Pellet rifle has taken out two of them so far today.

Forgive my ignorance, is that a Gopher? It's huge!

Be careful Dan.

I had the NSA check into this critter and it seems as though he is being supplied by hard line soviets.

images

Don't remember these from your Ohio days? :D I believe you are looking at a genuine groundhog (or woodchuck). :gb

haha, I don't think I ever saw one 'in person'. But that was a looong time ago.

Yes, I'm taking them out for two reasons. One for eating my lettuce and one for the long winter. I you don't understand that watch Groundhog Day.
I don't blame you for either cause. Especially the winter.
I had a Pocket gopher eating my tomatoes from underneath. I would find a 3 ft plant sucked into the ground to about a foot left then completely gone the next day. It took me two weeks to the get the little turd.

Began bottling wines I started last summer, Fall and Spring. From left to right: peach wine, WE eclipse Savignon Blanc, WE Pinot Gris and WE eclipse Cabernet Savignon.

image.jpg

A Jersey boy with a farmer's spirit (if you can believe that)...

Just finished getting my herbs potted (painting the deck made me late on this).

The picture shows about a third of them. we have parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, and oregano in the pots. Cucumbers and hot cherry peppers are in the earth boxes..

AHHHH they days of fresh herbs! I cook on the Webber (gas) and just cut off what I need.

IMG_20140602_063200_578.jpg

John: It's good to see you're just getting planted. I'd kinda decided not to do anything this year, because as of Memorial day, I hadn't gotten to planting anything. I may have to see if I can find some plants this weekend.

The picture shows about a third of them. we have parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, and oregano in the pots. Cucumbers and hot cherry peppers are in the earth boxes..

AHHHH they days of fresh herbs! I cook on the Webber (gas) and just cut off what I need.

those look fabulous! I love having the ability to walk outside and start clipping dinner ingredients.
I have not had good luck with my cucumbers in the ground so keep us posted on the ones in the pot.

Looks great John. Gotta love earthboxes. My whole garden is earthboxes these days.

those look fabulous! I love having the ability to walk outside and start clipping dinner ingredients.
I have not had good luck with my cucumbers in the ground so keep us posted on the ones in the pot.

I have mind planted in an earth box. These planters are simply amazing. just one supported 4 cucumber vines and the foliage covered 1/4 of my deck. I must have picked 3 or 4 dozen last year.

I also grow hot peppers and had put up 6 full quarts last year.

If you have interest, here is the link. I started out getting 1 and now I have 6. They are simply great!

http://earthbox.com/?gclid=CJfUoKfH4L4CFWgF7Aod7VYA7Q

Speaking of gardens, I just did the land work for my food plot. Think of it as a garden that grows big deer and turkeys.

guja2una.jpg

Latest posts

Back