Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8144.PNG To be honest I cannot really see myself struggling through site until it's better or the app is up again (the app simply gone and my main source).I gotta think there was a specific reason for it. There has to be. Nobody would choose to just shutdown on a moments notice, only to re-open with a bare bones new format that needs to be tweaked in basically every single area. And opening up a thread asking for input on all the things that are now screwed up.
As far as the photo uploads, posting from mobile gives the option of thumbnail or full. I'm gonna do one of each and see how it looks.
The photos are from a purchase today. I finally found a deal worth doing which I thought wouldn't ever happen. I got 4 glass carboys, (x4) 5 gal PETs and a 6 gal bucket with spigot. $50
The carboys are (x1) 5 gal. (x2) 6 gal and one smooth sided ~7.5 gal??? That's what it measured using the markings on the bucket. I dig it. Unfortunately I now I have 1 less 6 gal. Filled to check volume. Heavy. And slippery. No cuts! No pics?!
Unfortunately this is the only photo I was able to upload. Never had an issue with this ever before. Maybe I'll just come back in a month when it's all good. Instead of wasting time trying to figure this out.

Dang dude, you gotta give someone a chance this is a totally new platform and it's going to take a bit to get it worked out.
Lol. I know. I'm saying the same thing you are.
Listen, I get it. And WMT has their hands very full right now trying to troubleshoot their way through this surprise revamp. I'm sure a few people pulled all nighters just to have something up an running by morning .
But I'm not on the PC ever. Always the phone. And with no app and the full site "open during construction" it's not realistic for me to use it. Trying to navigate/figure out/set up options from the mobile is not easy. The app made that possible and was awesome for that. And it was a big reason I went deeper into this great hobby. Hell, I donate money to this site just to show I appreciate it and give back.
Saying I'll come back in a while when the kinks are worked out or the app is up IS EXACTLY giving them a chance. And time. I'm thinking TxBrew doesn't mind that one bit.

Understood, I guess I misread your post. My bad. They will get everything working great, always have. This is the only site for the home winemaker that doesn't have a bunch of blow hard know it all types making stupid remarks when someone asks a question that has been asked 1000 times before.

They will get everything working great, always have. QUOTE]

I agree, it'll get done, and our input is important. Personally, I use the site from both my PC at work as well as my Ipad, and find it to work reasonable well. Not exactly like the old version, but that's OK. There are some things that the older version did well, and I'm betting that @TxBrew will get those things modified here in due time. Meanwhile, works plenty good enough for me to work with while it's being tweaked. If we can wait years for a wine to get right, this should be a breeze...............

I have not uploaded anything since the software changeover. Let me see if I can try and upload something for sh!ts and giggles.

So it would net let me upload directly (file too large) So I uploaded the file to my "media" and then linked the file from there and now you can see the small or large image like we could back in the olden days........

Testing copy/paste of an image off the 'net:

images

So it would net let me upload directly (file too large) So I uploaded the file to my "media" and then linked the file from there and now you can see the small or large image like we could back in the olden days........

When I click on the link in post #4651, I The following error - You do not have permission to view media.

My latest work.

This is The Pleiades, AKA Messier 45 (M45), or AKA The Seven Sisters.

It's a star cluster located in the constellation Taurus not far from the Constellation of Orion. It is visible to the naked eye.

This consist of about two hours of total exposure combined together. It was actually (24) five minute images images take with six different filters (luminance (clear), Red, Green, and Blue) Then combined into a single RGB color image.

It has two pixel column artifacts I need to fix by reprocessing it near the bottom right. :(

qZUE5mUBzOmoj7bHOKvOacy40rGqCts0x3AcJRyJ7ka9smOlkc3Tjbrqg2r1T6o6hIDU49XClKl6HEtKBbvIo0j620QHyhE4I-MA4dj2PkG6aVMQn80vAwVZroc-ScYEPdfIu8jfm7Frj5QboJXxFDGNbuoGD1vic6niHOhEJkzsNog6JTHgQD2IWV72rqczeQ540klu4X8EaCJSlMMB944FcHz3I7GZhZm2U8Qe7B07kWkJLCuRcnCsbBRk23q37sTUS2yR5C8JMoWoNRPpFR6zrjbx-IgnKX6tf0t6DWcwrPr7qFxA7GKNBTP0ajVkAT5p0EKzeYINt9TM-balY0D1IYrizqthcYxRz96J9ABeQF239LFCWq0DSREAYwJuQQB7xS07Nks2Gb45mj8d02w4YIwH99fSCwlBy5_sMjwFsPsX9SK0leJsaQxbHanuDWUNx4Mw0nogEXTK1HFICl5fa7D-rt1um_XAvSnoKXb2MK2NyPy6defxzhWJyQZHa3y_hzSMJ9DGXu9CNTAXuclXpy7Gc6pBu3F0q4y13mvYXoj_-V_xCOoYNpgoHhepS24qKV8gTxwkaB9mVC117Uf9qa2_hqioIRWbMQhum1sVqlDLLfV1s7gJxtVOs9BI8f92nFMXmD7P_umrxSJ95TjBhmGQDa13JxNz=w1173-h770-no

Trying a test image upload

11-1-17_test-image.JPG

Ah, hit the more options button, upload your file and under Attached Files: hit Insert: Full Image, not thumbnail. Now let's see if this holds true after I Reply to Thread...

I used an image that was 720 x 540 pixels @ 120 pixels/inch

Call me crazy but I ain't real wild about the new thumbnail format.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother to click to view slide show. This had become my favorite thread to visit and to post pictures but I'm going to lay off for awhile.

[Just got back from a hunting trip and now won't be posting the pictures I had planned on posting. I'm not going to try to write "click bait" text.]

Trying a test image upload

Ah, hit the more options button, upload your file and under Attached Files: hit Insert: Full Image, not thumbnail. Now let's see if this holds true after I Reply to Thread...

I used an image that was 720 x 540 pixels @ 120 pixels/inch

Thanks Craig. Maybe now I won't quit on this thread. Will have to check it out later. Just not in the mood now to mess with it.

Latest posts

Back