Pineapple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks i think thats what ill do is add some more of the same juice i made it with to back sweetin it and knock down the abv

BTW how old is the wine? And at 14% ABV I would highly recommend adding the pineapple juice to it as previously suggested.

To be honest, it is a little young to be judging. If you are sure it is a sulfer smell then treat it early. However, with it having this much alcohol, and this little body it might be hard to tell what you are smelling with it being so young.

ok my pineapple is getting a little better now that some time has went by but it is still strong tasteing and its not alchaol seems more of a strong citrus with a hint of pineapple flavor.....what steps would you wine experts take now im at a loss.

ok i have read some things about pineapple being astrengent and i think this now may be my problem if it is how do i know and how do i fix it

did some experimenting tonight with this pineapple.... i split it up in a few different glasses and used one as a control. the other two i added just sugar to one and dissolved it and the other i added filtered water......found just adding sugar did it no good at all and adding just water made it drinkable but it was still bitter so i added some sugar and dissolved it and it was great....... im still not sure why it is so bitter from the start but i am glad i found a fix.....now (QUESTION #1) how would yall go about adding the water to it to cut it some? would you do it in one gallon batches then let them set for a lil wile before adding more sugar to back sweeten or do the whole 5 gallons at once? (QUESTION #2) Why did it turn out so bitter? its had 1/2 gal of 100% pineapple juice added to it since it was stabilized and it was still so bitter it was undrinkable .
thanks
Chris
All tips, tricks, and experience is welcome

Latest posts

Back