PINEAPPLE RECIPE?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fixit guy

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe using frozen concentrate to make pineapple wine? All the recipes are saying to use 3 pints juice. how does that translate to frozen concentrate?

THANKS..........

I would use 3 pints of reconstituted juice. Once you dilute it you have juice.

I personally like to up the number of cans and start a little stronger on flavor and add less sugar myself.

What amount of wine are you considering? 1 gallon, 3 gallons or maybe 6 gallons? I have a pineapple in a 6 gallon carboy which I intend on sparkling using a counter pressure bottling setup. I started my recipe with 14 cans of crushed pineapple (dole). I have since added additional pineapple flavoring to kick up the fruit taste.

This wine will be sparkled, so I am making it dry. I can forward the complete recipe if you would like, but at the moment, I am at work. Shhhhh! Don't let anyone know.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

I will be making one gallon with the frozen concentrate. I have never made this wine before but i sure like pineapple.

We had a very nice Sparkling Pineapple Wine in Hawaii recently and that is what prompted me to undertake my wine. It will be my first attempt at Pineapple as well as Sparkling.

You might want to check out Jack Kellers website for recipes. He has a lot of good stuff to offer.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

Barry, what method are you going to use to extract the sparkling wine from the corny into the bottles?

I used 4 cans per gallon on a few of my concentrate wines and they came out pretty good Fix it.

I am using a CO2 tank, corny keg and counter pressure bottling setup I purchased recently on-line. I have to practice with the setup before I actually use it for real. I will probably not be able to get the actual wine completed until the end of the month as it stands right now.

I also have a nice Muscat sitting with nothing to do, so maybe I will sparkle this also.

Salute!

Is it the Blichman Beer gun? I want to get 1 of those as I hear its the best and also the easiest to use.

wade said:
Is it the Blichman Beer gun? I want to get 1 of those as I hear its the best and also the easiest to use.
Here is a picture of the unit I will be using.

4189.jpg

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4189

I have not used it yet, but have read Daniel Pambianchi's book which provides detailed instructionsnecessary to complete the process.

I can purchase a beer gun later to use for dispensing beer or other beverages.

Salute!
smiley1.gif
Edited by: bmckee56

bmckee56 said:
wade said:
Here is a picture of the unit I will be using.

4189.jpg

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4189

I have not used it yet, but have read Daniel Pambianchi's book which provides detailed instructionsnecessary to complete the process.

I can purchase a beer gun later to use for dispensing beer or other beverages.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

Here's the Beer Gun. In reality if you already have the counterflow filler you don't really need the Beer Gun unless you just want the ease of use.

IMG_1238.jpg

Smurf, is that your Beer Gun? If so how good does it truly work as Ive HEARD that it works better and is much easier to control.

Yeah it is mine. I haven't tried it yet as I have yet to bottle any beer yet. I don't have any kegged right now that I really want to bottle at the moment. The next batch I am going to do, an Ordinary Bitter will be bottled but I am going to bottle condition it so the beer gun wont work for that as it will not be kegged.

Let me know how it works as Im very interested in it but my local place does not have it yet but is working on it not to mention I just cant spend the money for it yet either.

Latest posts

Back