Petite Sirah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have much experience with petite sirah either. However I tried a few bottles I bought from the store and was impressed.

So this year I ordered 8 lugs from MM. I wanted them from Lanza vineyards but they were sold out. So they are coming from paso Robles. I intend to blend with 10% zin

Sent from my iPhone

Mixttibsk

I just watched three episodes of Big Bang Theory tonight, you guys are funnier.

My favorite physics quote from that show...

Penny asks Leonard What's new in the world of Physics?
Leonard says Nothing!
Penny says Oh well, I'm sure things will pick up!

Bazinga!!!!

A couple of mine...

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Leonard: You'll never guess what just happened.
Sheldon: You went out in the hallway, stumbled into an inter-dimensional portal, which brought you 5,000 years into the future, where you took advantage of the advanced technology to build a time machine, and now you're back, to bring us all with you to the year 7010, where we are transported to work at the think-a-torium by telepathically controlled flying dolphins?
Leonard: No. Penny kissed me.
Sheldon: Who would ever guess that?

Sheldon: A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies "for you, no charge".

Sheldon: I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.

Sheldon: You know it just occurred to me, if there are an infinite number of parallel universes, in one of them there's probably a Sheldon who doesn't believe parallel universes exist.
Leonard: Probably. What's your point?
Sheldon: No point. It's just one of those things that makes one of the me's chuckle.

Sheldon: You may have gone to Cambridge but I'm an honorary graduate of Starfleet Academy.

I LOVE petit syrah!! Every vintage I have made has won medals in competition!

I encourage you to give this grape a try!

Back History: The way I remember it, Petit Sarah really became a cash crop for growers during prohibition. Home wine making for personal consumption was perfectly legal and many west coast growers stayed afloat by sending grapes to the east coast home winemaking market.

The reason that Petit Syrah became popular is that the grape is thick walled and hold up to travel extremely well, much better than most varietals. On inspection, home winemakers were opting for Petit Syrah and also willing to pay a premium for them.

JohnT,

What yeast strain do you use for your Petit Sirah? I'm going to give this one a try this season with about 15-20 gallons. BM45, SYR, ICV-D254, RP15(VQ15), ICV-D80, AMH, ICE-GRV?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Dab

Latest posts

Back