Perfect winter wines-Christmas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savana123

Reaction score
As Christmas is ahead and it is required to choose the best wine and prefect food. Winters are also coming and Christmas celebration is better with the perfect choice of wine. The wine which is perfect for winters and for the Christmas is Shiraz or Syrah, The grapes are dark purple, with firm tannens to make a deep red, full-bodied wine. Spicy and complex, this oaky wine is great for any winters(Christmas) and can be serve with red meats winter veggies like Asparagus and Steak. And Christmas wines will not cost you much. You can order it from good vineyards.

Tell me about your Christmas and winter special wines and food that you are planning for!!

A few years ago I made Ice Wine from Canadian juice. It's been aging and this holiday I will open a few for after dinner. With dinner I will serve a couple of varieties of Cranberry Wine. Goes great with Turkey.

We have always had a crockpot of pumpkin and a crockpot of apple wine for christmas. Sometimes adding cinnamon sticks to them and\or a touch of whipped cream. Everyone has always loved it.

Next year for the holidays I hope to have my own bottled and be able to serve it.

I have a pinapple this year. We are supposed to have ham, so it'll go great. But even if the menu changes the wine is just sweet enough to hold up to dessert. Next year I plan on having apple (aging now) and then a cranberry is fixin to be on the way!

I usually serve white and blush wines at Christmas because we're more likely to serve turkey, duck, or ham. Apple is always a favorite but I think the gooseberry wine is definitely going to be on the list this year.

Thanks to all!!!!

You know guys the main purpose for putting this post infront of you all is to know your plans for this winter and Christmas!! :h and I am very happy to see good replies here and even came to know about some more wines that I have not known to like Hibiscus wine and Pineapple wine.

I am very glad with the responses here.

Wishing you all Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year in advance guys :b

Christmas turkey dinner...Gewurztraminer.

Steve

Absolutly!!! Nice, Light, Crisp. Perfect with Turkey (even better is the turkey is dry).

Although I hope that all of you realize that Turkey is considered as a "Game Bird" and should be served with RED wine.

I am a wine snob, not a food snob. I personally drink whatever I like with turkey.

johnT.

I didn't know about pineapple until I came here. But I'm a convert! My only regret is that the slurry didn't get the Pee treatment!

My winter wine is Apple Cinnamon served warm....I also have a Cherry-Almond that should be bottled in December, I am thinking of serving it with Swiss-Almond Cheese Spread.

I'm making an orange blossom muscadine, and a Holiday Cranapple, as well as a Winterfest beer if I can free up enough beer bottles, otherwise the Innis & Gunn clone that I'm trying will have to suffice.

My winter wine is Apple Cinnamon served warm....I also have a Cherry-Almond that should be bottled in December, I am thinking of serving it with Swiss-Almond Cheese Spread.

Hey Coach, What's your recipe for Apple Cinnamon wine? I've been trying to think of one, and doing some searching, but I thought it might be easy to make a cinnamon wine and an apple wine separate, then combine them once they are ready to bottle. Good idea, bad idea? Thanks!

Back