Pear Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure not to over dose the bentonite because it can strip flavor if you use too much.

James thanks!!! Im ready to break out the canned pears!! LMAO..I dont care how much it cost!! This will happen before I go on welfare. Welfare wine?? Hmmm .. I think Im just kidding these days and times but it might be a reality!!!

well alright!! Just make sure you post pics of the carboys once a week!! I love to see the clearing. I just added Sparkloid today to mine and I go down and set evey couple of hours. Tell me Im not sick??? :)

Just post the pics!! lol

Last edited:
My pear must is bubbling away:) stirring it twice a day it looks disgusting! Hopefully it will turn out beautiful! Going to add the bentonite tomorrow evening:)))

image-2866993852.jpg

5 days into it! Starting SG was 0.0850!!! Adding bentonite this evening:)))

After pressing at Doug's on Monday, I'm only 1 day into fermentation after adding sugar to 1.072. I did add about 2 pounds of crab apples to the mix when pressing, so hopefully this will help the acid content. The juice with the sugar tasted very nice. Nice fermentation as of today. Will add the bentonite on Friday after work. I'm looking to finish this as a cinnamon pear sweet wine.

We make cinammon pear wine,also. A number of weeks ago, I used some to cook pork chops in a pressure cooker, replacing half the water with the cinammon pear wine. Boy, was that good.

Wish I could post a video of this pear ferment! This is so awesome!!! It looks like a active volcano in juice! That's the only way I could explain it!

Good luck Poni. This is one of the reasons I've been documenting each of my steps. After reading and some research it always boils down to what a few other members have succesfully done on this forum. After talking to Turock and fivebk I was able to come up with my plan as documented. I will have enough to play with maybe blending some crabapple wine with or some of my homemade cinnamon extract. Thanks to Joeswine, no more cinnamon sticks in my wines, from now on it'll be extracts!

Latest posts

Back