peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bg7mm

Reaction score
first go at a peach wine, fermentation slow for the first 7 days, really slow, unlike any other wine I have made but I let it go, moved into secondary tonight and still a slow fermentation. but still going, still some sweetness to the batch, any ideas? I guess i'll just let it do it's thing

we have a strawberry/raspberry ready for filtering and bottling that's quite nice, a black berry and muscadine also in same stages.

i'm going to throw a watermelon and another blackberry from same batch of juices I purchased from that one company tomorrow in primaries, home winery supplies. I have 60 pounds of blackberry also in the freezers from our Kiowa plants, extremely hugh berries .

no, recipe didn't call for it but after I racked into secondary the thing went crazy, bubbling now like theirs no tomorrow, oxygen maybe? primary was sealed with an airlock, seems like once I racked adding oxygen it went off . looking good now

ALWAYS use nutrient. Lack of nutrient stresses the yeast--you're lucky you didn't get H2S production! Split you're nutrient dose and pitch it at the beginning and then again before the 50% dry mark and you won't have sluggish ferments due to the yeast being stressed.

Always stir the ferment daily to get oxygen into it.

thanks, i'll try it on the batch of watermelon I just started, looks like it's doing the same as the peach did

Back