Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CW, I had to "lick my lips." How did it come in taste, etc. want to relate on the wine?
smiley32.gif

Well Joe, for now it has kind of a hot alcohol aftertaste, alot of acid on the tongue, very aromatic like a Gewurtztraminer but not as spicy. It is more off-dry than semi-sweet. It does kind of remind me of a dry Gewurtztraminer, if you have ever had one.It needs alot of aging I think. I think it will mellow alot before a year and get alot better in less than 2 years. It does not have the fruit forward peach taste that I wanted. I need to use more fruit next time and no grape concentrate. I might sweeten with peach nectar next time instead of sugar. Thanks for thepositive comment and for asking.

Gewurtztraminer, never tasted it, but just ordered a kit (G.C.)from George. Sometime back you had mentioned that women enjoy it, so I thought I better step up and get them interested in wine as well.

Ever used "fruit flavor extracts" as an experiement to increase flavor. I see a bottle of "banana extract" on the kitchen shelf that the wife uses in baking and I wondered about the use of others as well.

Thanks for the info!

I have thought alot about extracts. I use a raspberry extract sometimes in my ice tea, and it tastes so good, I thought about using other flavors in wine. I might experiment this fall and winter with some 1 gallon batches. Who knows, maybe just a few drops of peach extract would really bring out the flavor.

Yes, the ladies enjoy their chilled Gewurtztraminer. I like it too, but it is a little too sweet for me usually. I have had some drier ones that I liked alot, but seemed a little high on the acid for the style.

I have tasted a "Macadamia-nut" white wine which was homemade. It was quite good, kinda on a sweet to dry side. I was not into making wine at the time and now the recipe is not available. I was wondering how "nut-wines" are made. Who ever has that insite and would like to share it would be appreciated.
smiley36.gif
We have an inverted syrup available at the stores that have the Macadamia nut flavoring which could propbably be added prior to bottling..(generating more ideas than time.)

Maui Joe

I have a niece and her husband going to Maui in 2 weeks.

Any wineries they can visit?

Redfoxwine, yes there is. It's called "Tedeschi Winery" on the slopes of Haleakala Creater. It can't be missed if one is driving up towards the crater to get an overview of the entire Island of Maui. They will not have a problem locating the winery. Everyone on the island knows exactly where they are. There is only one (1) road leading there and back. "A very nice drive it is."

Latest posts

Back