Omg

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DasK

Reaction score
The FedEx guy left a HUGE box on my porch while I was gone... on the side of it, a picture of a wine press.

My aunt is way too good to me.

Now my wife is talking about buying a whole bunch of new carboys, growing our own grapes, making jelly, etc...

Now my wife is talking about buying a whole bunch of new carboys, growing our own grapes, making jelly, etc...

You best get all that stuff before the wife changes her mind.:h

Yeah, youd better pre order all the grape vines now so she cant change her mind. Dont tell her yet about the addition onto the basement!

Man, I wish I had a basement.

But my soil is crap, so that's a plus.

Speaking of, where is a good place for vines?

Probably a question better asked in out Vineyards Area. I dont have any or any experience at all in this area but we have many people here well experienced in this area.

Dask,

You could try Fanick on the southeast side of SA. They usually have a decent selection for the area around the first of the year.

I used womacknursery.com
You can forget about growing any, vinifera grapes, PD will get them in a couple years. Look for PD resistant varieties.

I would try to help you out with wine grapes normally, but you are from Texas so your requirements are much different than mine. Both suppliers listed can sell you grapes, but neither specializes in southern grapes . Pierce's disease may be a problem for you there so you may need special grapes.

Not sure what you mean by that, if your thinking of moving to a better suited plavce to grow grapes the Cali, washingon State, Upstate NY. Chile just to name a few. Otherwise where the vines will get plenty of air flow and sun.

Not sure what you mean by that, if your thinking of moving to a better suited plavce to grow grapes the Cali, washingon State, Upstate NY. Chile just to name a few. Otherwise where the vines will get plenty of air flow and sun.

There are also some great areas in Virginia and Georgia.

Latest posts

Back