Oh.........Why not.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whino-wino

Reaction score
Was going to wait a while longer but I figured what the heck. It can't hurt to bottle one teeny little gallon of wine. I've got about 10 different batches going in various sizes and with the exception of a Marquette that is currently bubbling happily away in the primary, they've all been clear for almost a year now and are just bulk aging.

I had agallon ofpin cherry wine and another gallon of black cherry wine that I made in '08. I bottled half of each batch last year and blended the other half, oaked it for 6 months and it's been sitting there ever since. I was bored tonight so I went ahead an put that one in bottles:

DSCF2780.jpg

The only problem is I didn't know what to put on the label for the year. The fruit was picked in '08, the wine was made in '08 but it was blended and oaked in '09 and, of course, bottled in '10. I figured I'd just go with the middle one.

There was enough left for a decent tasting and I must admit, even though it's only just being bottled, it's one of the best I've ever made. I wouldn't hesitate to crack open a bottle tomorrow for guests.

Looks great. I like the labels. I would like to see a close up, If your camera will allow it.

Generally with a wine you make, use the year the fruit was picked and made into wine, so it would be 2008. That said, since it is your homemade wine, you can use whatever you choose. One of the benefits of getting distracted from the wine- it is aged a bit by bottling time.

O.K. one more and then I'll back off. This one needs to be bottled anyway. I made it last spring and it's a hard cider, not a wine as it used only the sugar that was already in the juice. At 6% abv I figured I better get it bottled and consumed rather soon.....

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

Latest posts

Back